Automotive Picture of the "Father's Day"

Hey Gang, (pardon me for stealing your title, MycroftHolmes) Who could not love a wife of 32 years that sets up a weekend retreat surrounding a humungous (sp) auto show? The show was at Greenfield Village (Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn/Detroit) with about 700 vehicles, most restored original (not chopped). There was a WWII encampment with military vehicles, complete with a Saturday evening USO type show with a big band orchestra and couples dancing in period dress. Among other memory makers was this unique GM Parade of Progress Futurliner.........ironically sad: (check Google for wonderful restoration stories/photos)

IIRC, that 'bus' is from the late 40's. Saw it auctioned off on the Barret/Jackson auction when Speed Channel featured them as a program. When for a pretty penny, as I recall. Just checked: it's from 1936.

Last edited:
 Originally Posted By: StevieC
This just goes to show that GM has always had a history of making ugly vehicles. (J/K)
Oh ..I don't know. If USR is still in business when the NS-5 comes out, I think it would be a great model for a robot delivery vehicle.