Automotive Picture of the Day = March 12, 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vw-life-08-10-1959-013-thumb.jpg

Life; August 10, 1959.

Click here to view a full size readable image.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Beetles rock. 'Nuff said!

Had a 68 back in 84. 30k original miles. Did an oil change with M1 and sold it 2 years later with 56k for a hundred less thn I paid. GREAT CAR!

Very fun, charming little cars but after a summer spent sweating my tail off in the garage fixing this and that..and this, and that, I don't have 100% positive owner experience to brag about.

I do think that if you can find one that has always been worked on CORRECTLY, it'd be a fine car. My '74 just wasn't one of those.

I used to be a VW fan, had buses from 59-88 and owned one Ghia, worked of a bunch of bugs. Then I acquired an 85 Quantum it was more Audi than VW. Owning three 90-91 Geo Metros I realized that had they been around in the 50's VW would have sold very few cars, here was a car that the heater and defroster worked and the AC worked and got much better gas mileage than the old Veedub.

I drove 6 volt(pre 67) bugs for nearly 20 yrs. Talk about freezing in the dark. I kept on moving good mechanicals into the least rusty bodies I could find. One of my last, a 58, had parts from over a dozen cars. I would love one as a toy, but not as a daily driver. Too Spartan and too maintenance intensive for this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back