Automotive Picture of the Day - April 29, 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ford-time-02-08-1963-999-M-thumb.jpg

Time; February 8, 1963.

Click here to view a full-size readable image.

Does anyone know if that advertised 6000 mile OCI was very unusual back in 1963? I was under the impression that oils back then couldn't handle that long of an OCI.

I've always thought Ford was pretty gutsy to recommend 6k OCI's this far back. But then again, people didn't expect as long out of their vehicles, so if the engine was shot at 80-100k miles, it wasn't a suprise!

A few years after 63, but my 67 mustang states to change every 6000 miles and to use Rotunda premium engine oil and filters.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
1963 was a good year for Ford.

It was a good year for America -- at least the first 10 months and 21 days were.

The November 22 event in Dallas took the heart out of America, and we've been in a decline ever since.

Much as I love my Buick, I suspect that if I buy a smaller car, it'll be -- or have to be -- a Ford. Which is okay; my first cars were Fords.

Originally Posted By: txrhino
A few years after 63, but my 67 mustang states to change every 6000 miles and to use Rotunda premium engine oil and filters.

My dad had a '67 he drove daily from 1970-1978. Rusted out in the end, but engine ran like a top with about 150k miles on it. I 'suspect' it got a lot more than 6k OCI's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back