Automotive colors that hold up better with age...

Over maintaining the paint probably leads to clear coat breakdown. Every time you polish out the micro scratches you are removing clear coat. My attitude is the less I touch my paint, the better.

I have always had excellent longevity, chip resistance, etc. with FCA vehicle paint. Go figure. At least they can manage to get one thing right.

I don't think the color matters so much as keeping up the maintenance on the car like getting it washed. Some makes also do more coats of paint/clear coats so they last longer. Plus storing it in a garage as opposed to parking it outside would also help.
I would think white would last the longest because its all paint and has little color pigment in it. Dark colors would be the worst. More paint, less pigment - most durable?

Definitely the lighter colors but in all cases if the clearcoat is not maintained and protected then they will all look bad after a period of time. Today’s LSPs are better than ever. Using a spray or a liquid will help to prevent user induced swirling and other clearcoat damage along with proper washing techniques and good microfiber towels.

Back