Automobile related movies/shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eat my dust, Grand theft auto are 2, 70's car movies ron howard roled in.I cant think of the name of it, but there was a 70's movie that a guy had a IH pickup truck dealership. Also there was a 70's movie I cant remember the name in which the goofy acting cops wore motorcycle helmets in the cop cars, there was a scene in it where a young man stole a white cadillac, was chased by the cops, jumped the new caddy through a big pipe and it it landed in the bottem of the pond, the cops came to the guy who stole the car and said, theres no evidence we cant arrest you. They did freeze frames at several differing camera angles to let you know this was a "B" movie. If anyone can name the last movie, post a reply.

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974) ,1969 Charger R/T 440

The California Kid (1974) ,'34 Ford

Return to Macon County (1975), '57 Chevy

[ February 11, 2005, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Not the best movie, but about 5 buddies and I went one night to see "Christine" by Steven King when it came out. Afterwards, we were talking about the movie while walking through a parking lot and a car suddenly turned on its lights (engine off) as we passed in front of it. Needless to say everyone jumped about a foot away with boggled eyes!
shocked.gif
The people in the car must have had a good laugh...if they only knew the whole story
grin.gif
!

What were some of the best automobile related movies/shows. I realize every show or movie has a vehicle in it, so lets narrow it down to where the vehicle plays a major role, or is in a special chase scene. I can think of tv shows, "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "Night Rider". Favorite movies that come to mind are "2 Lane Blacktop" with James Taylor and Dennis Wilson. Of course "Smokie and the Bandit", and numerous "Gator" moonshine movies with Burt Reynolds, and "Gone in sixty seconds". Also favorites "Bullit" with Steve McQueen. A lesser known move is, I think, "Mr Majestic" with Charles Bronson. It was reported to have sent early seventies Ford truck sales through the roof.
What are your favorite, lesser known, classics?

Blues Brothers

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Sugar Land Express

and from the smaller screen: My Mother the Car (you need to be fairly ancient to remember THAT one...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back