Automatic Shut-off for Outside Faucet.......

I want to try one for my lawn watering, what with not having an inground sprinkler system.

Is anyone using one and if so, what’s your feedback as to quality, durability, etc.?

If you are talking about a timer that attaches to your outdoor faucet, they work fine.

I installed the Rainbird DIY sprinkler system on both my front and back yards and it came with an electronic timer to control water flow. Works fine but requires you to purchase a faucet "Y" so that you can still run a normal garden hose when the sprinkler isn't in use.

I've been using them for years, very handy to water multiple zones during the night, and be finished by the time I get up in the morning. Caution: The battery in the back yard timer died while the water was running, and it ran all night. Very green grass, slightly inflated water bill. Keep the batteries fresh. Another caution: I started having trouble with the back yard faucet, turns out Watts advises against using such devices on some of their freeze-resistant faucets. Can't really think of a reason, and it didn't elaborate, but the manual said it's bad for them to remain open for extended periods of time when the water isn't flowing. Replaced the washer in it last year, and it's been working fine ever since.

My back yard faucet has a Y on 1 leg is for the hose, the other has a 10$ wind up timer with a 4 outlet manifold. I have a network made up of mini mister parts from Lowes,and Home Depot and lately a place on the interweb. Every summer, I improve it a bit more.

I’ve been thinking about getting one for my tree line’s irrigation system, but the batteries dying is one of my main concerns. Since there’s no way of visually seeing if it’s on, I’d have to go out and check when I could’ve just turned the water off. Lol.

Back