Automatic jamming. Should I use Nano Oil?

I have an inexpensive S&W .40 autoloader. New it was fine but now after carring every day for walksfor a few years and shooting some it jams.

Yes, I have cleaned as much as possible.

I was told to use Nano Oil. It's amount $35 for a small amount, 15cc's.

Any good?

If so, 10 weight of 85 weight?

Thanks a ton!

Have you checked the spring? My Gen 1 Springfield XD did the same and It was...the spring.

Simply carrying a gun should not present the conditions for the gun to start jamming, and overpaying for gun oil should not be considered a fix.

agree completely, What kind of jam specifically?

are you using steel casings? ( a hidden cause of many malfunctions)

I would literally soak clean in mineral spirits ( or equal) and assemble/lubricate properly.

While apart, inspect for burrs or other shiny spots that didn't used to be there.

Reassemble and test fire

A gun like yours should run well regardless of oil type (including having no oil). Figure out the mechanical problem, start with a recoil spring, then a magazine spring, which, at $6 apiece, make a whole lot more sense than crazy priced oil.

Solid answers above. If you need Nano Oil this is not a weapon you should be trusting to protect you and yours. You didn't mention what platform the S&W is but I'd throw a guess out there we are dealing with a Sigma. Not bashing you but this could be important to know. What model S&W are you firing?

Have you taken the pistol completely apart for a cleaning and inspection?
That should not be necessary. Sounds like you need to take it in to a gunshop. If you knew soneone who actually knew something they could evaluate. It has a lifetime warranty.

That should not be necessary. Sounds like you need to take it in to a gunshop. If you knew someone who actually knew something they could evaluate. It has a lifetime warranty.
You would be surprised and the crud buildup .

Magazine lip or follower. Sometimes a burr or junky steal case ammo which is tough on a firing pin and the lacquer/powder can gunk up the insides also. If your still looking for a lube try Archoil ws2 4400.

Forget the high price oil. If it was performing properly before and has started acting up it is a spring. The type of jam determines which spring. If its a feeding jam try a new magazine or mag spring first and a recoil spring second. If its stovepiping its the extractor spring or the claw is clogged or chipped. Of course all this assumes you are using the same ammo that worked well before. Some of the fancy personal defense ammo causes issues because most gun manufacturers use plain old ball ammo for design and testing.

Back