Auto-Rx with Shell Helix Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use Auto-Rx with Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40? I recall reading somewhere that Auto-Rx works with Schaeffer Supreme, even though the latter contains some synthetic content, which is a No-no with Auto-Rx.

Incidentally, the Auto-Rx treatment is destined for the fiancee's 2002 Toyota Celica, which has not had an oil service for 16,000 miles. Like many women I know, she does not even know what an oil service or oil change is.

Auto-Rx works with synthetic oil. Some synthetics-semi synthetics-high mileage oil have not proven to be good rinse oil's thats why we advise non synthetic oil for rinse mode of the Auto-Rx application.

If Terry says a particular oil will work in both phases of the application thats fine and i am glad to know so.

What other "semi-synthetics" work in both phases?
Hopefully something that's available in Kali.
Thanks.

Why bother with a semi-synthetic, when you are only running a 1500 mile run for cleaning, followed by a 2000 mile rinse. My question is why spend the extra money for a semi-snthetic for such short OCI's? If your motor especially turbo ones specify synthetic, fine then run your applications with the manufactuerers recommended oil. If not then run the recommended dino rinse oil. The instructions are designed to give the ARX user the maximum benefits, from an effectiveness standpoint as well as the economic standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back