Auto-RX Prelim Results 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve nearly completed the two-bottle ARX therapy for my 4.0 inline six-cylinder. First a brief history: The engine began to leak from its rear main seal at about 75,000 miles, or two years ago (very common on this motor), about the same time I began using Amsoil 10W-30 ATM. The Amsoil probably just cleaned out a false seal. Prior to that, oil was changed every 5,000 miles using conventional oil. I decided to try to ARX to 1) fix the seal, and 2) give the motor a general cleaning.

I installed the ARX at around 117,000 miles, and ran it for 750 miles using fresh Delvac 1300 15W-40 and a Supertech filter. After the 750 mile run, I changed the oil with fresh Delvac and a Napa Gold filter. The oil that drained out was still amber and the oil filter, when cut open, was unremarkable (no evidence of sludge and actually quite clean). Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture of it! I ran the second round of Delvac without any ARX for about 2,350 miles, then added the second bottle of ARX. Not changing oil or filter and ran this mixture for another 750 miles, then changed the oil and filter (now using cheapo Supertech 10W-30 and a Motorcraft filter) for motor’s final 3,000 mile “rinse.” The oil that drained out was very black, much different than the first round of ARX (of course this oil also had about 2,350 more miles on it), and the cut open oil filter shown lots of evidence of sludge/cleaning, etc.

I have this picture, but don't know how to post it! HELP

I’m now about 1,000 miles into the rinse, and the rear main leak is completely sealed. I’ve even degreased the area with engine degreaser, and there are no signs of seepage.

Upon completion of the 3,000 mile rinse, I’ll run Schaeffer’s Supreme 7000 #700 15W-40. I’ll either do maintenance doses with ARX, or will use Lube Control (undecided). I’ll run this for 5,000, do an analysis and report back. I’ll be curious to see how long the leak will stay sealed. My only questions are why didn’t the first treatment of ARX didn’t demonstrate any visible evidence of cleaning? And, why did so much cleaning occur on the second application?

Bottom line is that I’m very satisfied. The product worked as advertised.

darrenc what you saw was the third party abrasives, dirt, oil debris "rinsed" off engine oil lubricated parts after using Delvac for 2350 miles. Second application of Auto-Rx finished cleansing of your engine. Your seal leak stopped because chemistry of Auto-Rx in concert with petrol chemistry of Delvac,made seal pliable and
oil hardened it back to make firm seal.

Thanks for the explanation Frank. I’d like to show others here the picture of the filter (help somebody). Frank. You’re welcome to use all, or an edited version of my results for your web site if you like. The results were quite shocking.

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back