Auto-RX Initiated,w/ Chevron Delo 400 15W40 & K&N Gold Oil filter,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home for the holidays and ordered this for my vehicle.

Couple observations.

My 3800 Series II GM engine has not seen Petroleum oil since it left the Canada assembly line.

Ever since it has been run on Royal Purple or Mobil 1 30 weight grades.

And yes a little noisy too
frown.gif

Well since i decided to add the AutoRX for the 1st time i wanted to use a "premium" petroleum oil.

After reading all the positive posts about diesel fleet oils such as Delvac1300, Delvac1, Delo, Rotella, i figured this may be wise to compliment auto-RX advanced solvency properties

Well 150miles after the oil change what do you know
smile.gif
smile.gif

The 3800 is now whispery quiet!!!! As in the days it was still factory dino that is. Hmmm....is this some kind of divine indication that I should switch to a 40weight or even DINO in the future??

My Auto-RX motive was to "prep" the engine through 2 cycles for a Redline changeover.

The quieting of my engine by the "heavy?? 15W40 Delvac" raising some questions i think.

40W isn't heavy, 70W is. 40 is just under the mid range for most commonly available viscosities but for those used to CAFE led viscosities in NA (does Canada have CAFE?) it seems 'heavy'. My thoughts are well known here, and that is NA dudes spend way too much time thinking about viscosity.

Thanks for the post my Aussie friend
smile.gif

Well 40 is not to bad even though most of us NA people have been brainwashed by the govt and aut makers on the absolute necessity of 30 weight oils.

My concern is with the 15W40 and cold starting
frown.gif
We will see that tommorrow....

I would think a 40 wt would be perfect for the climates in Texas, california, and Florida.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back