Rinse Phase
1st Filter of Rinse phase
2nd Filter did not have anything to speak of in it
ST16 (e-core) filter
1500 miles on filter/oil
Mobil Clean 5000 oil
About 148K on Engine when filter changed

webautorx1998caravan.jpg

As you can imagine. Engine with more power. Smoother idle. etc.

Valve cover was removed pre clean phase, post clean phase, and post rinse phase with only slightly improved "clean look." Actually, I thought they were unremarkable myself. Varnish still there, but just lighter.

Also, there were several short runs of 2K OCI's due to oil turning black quickly prior to Auto-RX use. Purchase of minvan at 138K. Those oil filters were cut open also. But nada in them, just very dark.

My Dads Caravan had more junk than that.......It also had a clogged valve cover breather baffle and PCV hose.

It looks like you are on the right track to get her cleaned up. Is the van an 88 or 98?

compression readings seem to be by far the best indicator of Auto-RX's effectiveness. Did you do any of those?

Thats exactly what my filter looked like after a 100 mile/3 day run of 4qt's Rotella 15w40 and
a can of B-12.

The Shell Rotella has become our choice oil , at least for many at SaabCentral; as we drive sludge-monsters.
B-12 has a good name as well.

My bad, again. I have a 1988 Volvo. The Caravan is a 1998.

No compression testing done. It would have been only done on the front three only if it were done as getting to the back three for plug changes etc. is major surgery.

Uh, now way in [censored] would I have put B-12 in my crankcase. Fuel, yes.

Originally Posted By: SWHeat

Uh, now way in [censored] would I have put B-12 in my crankcase. Fuel, yes.

She's out sitting in the driveway right now,,starts and drives every single day,doesn't miss a beat, 225,000 miles.

B-12=
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for posting this... It's excellent proof for all the naysayers of the product.

You should send them to Frank at Auto-Rx for him to post on his website too.

thumbsup2.gif
Excellent results, similar to what my dads Caravan engine revealed when I ran ARX in his.

Are you guys using a dremel to cut the filter? I'm using a hack saw and it for ever....

I'm ARXing next week. Nice to see it worked!.

People badmouth Super Tech filters on here, but it looks like it did a good job of trapping the gunk.

Being the cheap SOB that I am, I filtered my Auto RX clean phase oil and used it in my dads car. Within a few hundred miles we could actually see that the oil was getting more yellow in color as the Super Tech filter was removing the gunk that made it through the Motorcraft filter on my car, as well as the paper towel I filtered it with after I drained it.

Yeah, I thought of posting the pic in the oil filter forum for the very reason that ST gets a bad rap there. It did a great job and given its open cage set up was "probably" still flowing and not in bypass (yes my conjecture and opinion).

The filter was cut open with the tool linked by ZZman. Well worth the money. Prior to that I used a HF tailpipe cutter that I lost in a move and that they no longer carry. It actually worked better than this set up, but this is a close second for 4x the money!

Originally Posted By: SWHeat
. Prior to that I used a HF tailpipe cutter that I lost in a move and that they no longer carry. It actually worked better than this set up, but this is a close second for 4x the money!

Is this the cutter you used in the past?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91292

Sorry for the link I couldn't paste a picture? Mods if I hi-jacked the thread sorry, I can start a new one? Looks like it might just do the trick, and cheap, if it works.

AD

I have used a pipe cutter to do the job. Unfortunately, you don't find too many >3" pipe cutters out there nor too many
I have the Summit too. I still found the near $40 hard money to part with given the fractional inches required to make other tools work for a fraction of the money.

I clamp mine lightly in a vice and use a hand held pneumatic grinding disc to cut a nice fine line above the lip all the way around and then pop it open with a flat screw driver. Works great!
grin2.gif

As for ST filters, I think this photo is proof enough that they are pretty good filter. Forget about the rhetoric from people who haven't used them or just go by "rumours" the board is unfortunately full of these morons. A sad truth!
smirk2.gif

Good results OP.

I've also never had an issue with an ST filter. Actually I used a Bosch on my brother's Lancer, the last OCI. One thing I liked about the ST, it had a thicker, "stronger" gasket.

ST's ..(or the Ecore -really), are just fine. The only reason that I don't use them as much now is that they've lost a good bit of their price advantage (and therefore "value") over the years. I think I still have AATG's hanging around from the BOGO days.

Decent amount of silt there, SW. It shows that maybe Ford Motor Division isn't totally out to lunch with their insistence on an open end bypass. Then again, it's not every OCI that someone is introducing so much material to be dwelling in the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back