Auto-Rx and Turbo Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my turbo seals are going...spraying oil, will Auto-Rx help? Anyone with this experience? Thanks!

Turbos are really wierd things, so I couldn't tell you, but it does help with engine seals, so maybe?
confused.gif

Auto-Rx will refurbish your turbo seals, follow procedure for "How To Stop A Seal Leak " go to www.auto-rx.com and click on this application.

Seals get dirty and if additives with swelling agents used seal fabric weakens. Auto-Rx cleans front and back of seal material and does not swell
them.

If seals not torn or ripped give Auto-Rx a try it does no harm, just follow application instructions

The seals ( if not mechancially damaged) will be able to be repaired as Auto-RX is very responsive to heat, that is an area that gets plenty of that ! Also the RX will clean the turbo bearing and lubricate it, the hotter the better.

Worth a try, keep in mind that if the seals are torn or severly damaged nothing will repair the seals except changing them out.

If the seal material just has high temp coking as Frank aludes to then Auto-RX may do the trick, cheaply !

Let us know how it works out.

Terry

If you should have to change out the seals consider useing Auto-Rx in the futeure every couple of years.

This is an area that big commercial diesels have a lot of issues with. With a diesel you can lose control of the engine when oil is geting injected into it from a blown turbo seal!

I just bought a 91 Jetta turbo diesel with 157k on the car but only 57k on the new head and pistons. I pulled the oil pan down due to 0 oil pressre at normal operating temp. At cold start up I get 10 psi but it then drops. This reading is at the head. I took another reading at the oil filter housing and I got 60psi there. The engine runs great. I pulled the oil pan and checked the bearings. They looked new but for no other reason but to do it, I changed the rod bearings. Didn't want to mess with the mains besides they looked better than the rod bearings. I also installed a new oil pump. Put it all back together and same thing, Zero oil pressure at operating temp. All I can figure is there is a blocked oil passage. So The Auto RX is going in. I figure it can help clean up what needs it along with the turbo which has never been messed with. I at least know the oil pan is clean since I manually did that as well as the cam cover. I had that off when I changed out the timing belt. That leaves the oil jets, and other oil passage ways through out the engine and turbo oil lines. Now to rack on the miles.
grin.gif

I did a treatment of AutoRX on our 91 Volvo 940SE and saw a marked reduction in the amount of oil that was blowing past the seals. At least until just recently when coolant ran low...
I'm hoping that was a temporary condition and another RX treatment (and fixing the coolant leak) will put it back to right.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back