Auto parts store sell fake ngk sparks plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have gotten fake ngk plugs. Napa auto parts store order it for me because they do not stock them. #96779. 4 letter on the plug do not end in Hex letter first. The letter is " M8Y9". I even went to advanced, auto zone,and O'Reilly none of them ended with H letter.

Isn't letter suppose to start with H?

Originally Posted by Rohan
I think I have gotten fake ngk plugs. Napa auto parts store order it for me because they do not stock them. #96779. 4 letter on the plug do not end in Hex letter first. The letter is " M8Y9". I even went to advanced, auto zone,and O'Reilly none of them ended with H letter.

Isn't letter suppose to start with H?

You should contact NGK to ask if they are fake, maybe they are real?

It for 2014 Toyota Camry 2.5L

I paid $56 with $10 shipping. This is not a deal offer and was regular price. No one carry them in stock and all of the auto parts store I went to told me it need to be special order and I don't know who they get it from.

It really hard to tell if is fake or not I did check out all of the YouTube video but I cannot tell the difference.

I didn't know i can order a part from ngk site. If I order it through them then well I get the genuine ngk plug? I know this is stupid to ask.

Napa is a Authorized NGK dealer, I doubt they are fake.

If your worried about this....Go to a Toyota dealer & buy plugs. They'll probably be Denso's, But I don't see that as an issue!!!

Anyone looking to make counterfeit plugs knows what to focus on making "right" or better thanks to NGK !

Interestingly, our son bought NGK plugs from an Amazon seller and they arrived in Honda boxes (they were the OE part numbers and only for Honda applications so not that surprised). They are no longer available on Amazon though.... I at least wanted to look at the listing and see reviews, etc, but it's completely gone. They were from a seller but fulfilled by Amazon but at least this seller has good ratings. In this case, fulfilled by Amazon simply means the seller ships their items to Amazon's warehouses for Amazon to stock and ship out.

I've got some NGK plugs where Japanese is spelled JAPANE8E.

92A95D9B-DA21-4CE0-865B-083940F7B058.jpeg

0E05BC5E-39D2-4FC7-8622-4BEF47F57F80.jpeg

987EFCE4-6033-4ACC-9287-20E798E771D8.jpeg

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Napa is a Authorized NGK dealer, I doubt they are fake.

If your worried about this....Go to a Toyota dealer & buy plugs. They'll probably be Denso's, But I don't see that as an issue!!!

They could have sold him fake NGK's that someone returned...

A lot of you saying that Napa don't sell counterfeit sparks plug. Remember they don't stock them and they could have bought it from the online vendor they deal with.

Can someone confirm if I buy it from ngk website then well they be genuine ngk sparks plug?

My take is always get plugs from dealership. Amazon/eBay is a marketplace you get what you ask for. Napa surprised they didn't do their homework - sad you think it is fake.
To preserve the American way shop in Walmart and Target vs marketplaces.

I would imagine auto parts counterfeits are rampant now.

Back in the 90's AC Delco was counterfeited so much I had to go to the GM dealer to get authentic parts.

I had a coil post come loose and fall into the distributor on a 4.3 V6 cap and take out the dist.

FAKE. And that was from a professional AP store before the big box chains took hold.

( 4.3 distributors were a garbage design to start with. - cap too small lots of crossfire at high advance).

If you can confirm they were not genuine NGK plugs post back letting us know. Im curious as to what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back