Australia gets bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when we run out, or people don't want it, we are screwed...we don't value add to anything.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
And when we run out, or people don't want it, we are screwed...we don't value add to anything.

Don't be so glum about it. Take all the ash we've discussed here from your power plants. It will compact ..eventually ..and you can fill in the strip mined areas by offering global landfill services. Then you can really make OZ bigger.

You guys have some of the largest uranium deposits on the planet. Why don't you get off your arses and start mining it?

Ron, you're asking me ?

It's ridiculous. We've got Uranium,(and Thorium) out the kazzoo, and we aren't using it.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Don't be so glum about it. Take all the ash we've discussed here from your power plants. It will compact ..eventually ..and you can fill in the strip mined areas by offering global landfill services. Then you can really make OZ bigger.

Japanese have been pushing for a while that they are buying our coal, i.e. the combustible part, and that the ash is not part of the sale...i.e. they want us to take it back.

Japanese have been pushing for a while that they are buying our coal, i.e. the combustible part, and that the ash is not part of the sale...i.e. they want us to take it back.

When you think of it, it makes sense. What about the carbon dioxide and other emissions, though. Do they want you to take them back, too?

crackmeup2.gif
That's a good one. Ask them, "What's it worth to you?"

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Ron we do mine it. Where you bin hiding?

From what I hear, you guys aren't taking full advantage of these juicy prices. Whats up with this "3 mine rule" that Labor refuses to quash? Is the coal lobby or the anti-nuke idiots holding you back?

Not sure on that, see the third post in the thread...blasted Kiwis, sending their dregs over to claim our dole and get the jobs.

Entire bleeding suburbs full of kiwis, islanders, and Irish taking our jobs.

Then why the under employment issues? Oh ..you mean "needed" people. We don't fight "unnatural" immigration either
21.gif
I don't see seniors being begged to stay in the work force ..nor wages being pressed upward due to competition for available ..viable ..citizens .....so I have to conclude that we just don't need these illegals.

Not sure on that, see the third post in the thread...blasted Kiwis, sending their dregs over to claim our dole and get the jobs.

A famous quote from former Prime Minister (on national TV too) Robert Muldoon,he said - ''Every New Zealander who leaves to live in Australia raises the IQ of both countries.''

Actually the Kiwi's who go to OZ are the good ones,those who want to get somewhere...most have jobs.

We have done the increase in continental shelf too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back