audio cardio tinnitus treatment

I have low grade tinnitus and hearing loss. I cannot imagine living with a higher level.

Scott is correct: protect your hearing.
Yes and protect your hearing is not just about sounds that are too loud for those that dont understand.
It's about getting to the doctor ASAP as soon as you start thinking you maybe getting an ear ache.
I did get to the doctor but he messed up and did not give me an antibiotic thinking it was viral, said he didnt see redness, 3 days later diagnosed with a massive infection and tinnitus for the rest of my life.

Other one to remember is be wary and find out the side effects of certain drugs. I have noticed for some heart drugs that developing tinnitus is a possible side effect. Discuss this stuff with your doctor and pharmacy.

My wife's brother came down with pretty severe tinnitus about a year after me. The one thing that we have in common is that we both had concussions as children. In my case I fell off a
(parked) truck while playing tag when I was about 8 years old. (growing up in the city....we made our own entertainment). I fell about 8 or 10 feet landing on my head and spent nearly a week in hospital. I've wondered if there is any correlation (damage done which showed up years later)?

The night my tinnitus went 'thru the roof' I had done some maintenance on my car earlier in the day and I was listening intently (to the engine) as I drove. Afterwards I wondered if something (a fiber, cilia etc...) snapped? Obviously, if this is the case. it would have happened sooner or later anyway. I'll never know exactly what caused the sudden intensity change but I do agree that it's more 'torture' than 'annoying'.

PS: My tinnitus does vary in intensity depending on the day. Occasionally I have a day where I hardly think about it but more often I have days that it's constantly on my mind....those are the 'torturous' days. Sadly, I can have 2 weeks in a row of those type days....that's when it becomes depressing.
pbm, sorry to hear about your plight. I've suffered two severe concussions in my lifetime, the most recent being in 1998 from a bad bicycle crash that put me in the hospital with a severe concussion and multiple broken bones. I have been told by every doctor I've seen since my tinnitus onset that concussions that go back years are not a factor or cause.

Were you talking any prescription drugs at the time? Given that you already have tinnitus I URGE you to be careful with any drug you are prescribed. Ask you doctor whether or not it will make tinnitus worse. Check online for the drug's side effects before taking. Certain antibiotics are known to cause temporary tinnitus. But with you already having tinnitus I'd avoid any antibiotic that has even a slight tinnitus risk. And ED drugs? Don't even think about taking those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Find my years ago thread about this. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

And how loud was that engine? I was at the shooting range two years ago and was slow to get my ear muffs on. The guy a few stations away from me shot his absolutely deafening long rifle, shooting it just once before I got my muffs on. My already bad tinnitus got noticeably and instantly worse - and stayed that way for over SIX MONTHS before returning to "normal" (which was bad)! Protect your hearing! Especially now with you having tinnitus!

See my previous post about using "benzos". They can help on bad days, but be careful, very careful. I'd either eliminate or at least limit alcohol and caffeine. Both are known to agitate existing tinnitus.

Also too, and this is perhaps my best advice I can give to tinnitus sufferers, eat a healthy diet, exercise, lose weight, etc. Do whatever you can to make yourself feel as healthy as possible. Tinnitus feels much worse when you're not taking care of yourself. When you have good mental and physical vitality, I think tinnitus has more of an uphill battle in its attempt to wreck your life.

Scott

Last edited:
Reactions: pbm
Mine is loud. Like thousands of cicadas on a hot summer night. 24/7/365. My loudest and most annoying noise type, tire noise. The 'hash' noise tires make, drives me up a wall.

Never heard of it but I'd be interested. I have pretty severe tinnitus/hearing loss at 35. The worst part, for me anyhow, is the sensitivity to certain loud noises. Air impact? No problem. Air ratchet? Fine. Put a lid on a steel pot/pan a little too roughly? Agony.
Mine is loud. Like thousands of cicadas on a hot summer night. 24/7/365. My loudest and most annoying noise type, tire noise. The 'hash' noise tires make, drives me up a wall.
Sue and I have actually gotten into arguments when she is banging stuff around in the kitchen, usually when unloading the dishwasher.

I like cars and driving them. It is a 100% certainty that driving any of them will make my tinnitus worse for several hours afterwards.

Scott

My two-week trial will end tomorrow. I haven't really noticed any improvement. Here is my score from yesterday:
Screenshot_20230213-101708.jpg

As I said, I can't tell any improvement.
@alarmguy, how is it working for you? Do you plan on paying for a subscription? I am thinking about purchasing a 6 month subscription just to give it a good try. Perhaps two weeks was not enough.

@terry274
No, I haven't noticed any improvement, not that I was expecting much at 12000 hz as that is the frequency of my tinnitus or close to it.
I have been doing it everyday but think I should give up on that frequency and get to the midrange where human voice is.
I guess my expiration is coming up and I since I did it right after you. Yes, I am going to continue like you, maybe for a few months. Not sure if I will do the pro or not but maybe ... I realized because of your message I have to make a decision right away. I'll let you know and post a screen shot, it's not pretty! *LOL* My hearing is a mess around 12000 (Just a little lower than 12000) with constant ringing, somedays less some more.
SO I think I wasted two weeks in that range.

(glad you followed up)
12000 hz =

My two-week trial will end tomorrow. I haven't really noticed any improvement. Here is my score from yesterday:
View attachment 140300

As I said, I can't tell any improvement.
@alarmguy, how is it working for you? Do you plan on paying for a subscription? I am thinking about purchasing a 6 month subscription just to give it a good try. Perhaps two weeks was not enough.
Ok, made up. my mind, I was going to do the monthly $10 plan but think I am going to go to the 6 month pro plan. To be honest, I dont put much creditability in this after all its sales, more so when I see the upsell BUT Im going to do it because I will always be wondering and its really pennies to me to try so why not?

What I will do once I upgrade I will focus on the midrange which is the human voice. I mean, as you get older I am not so sure anything will fix the loss of high frequencies, more so with tinnitus. So I think I wasted my time there.
Just as a disclaimer I only recently saw your post maybe 15 minutes ago so haven't thought much more about it but I did firmly intend to pay for it.
I was going to do the month to month but after seeing your post I'll try the six month package, this will certainly give it a good try.
I hope you saved the location in this thread and hear an update from you, I will update too.
Here are some random tests, as you know they are dated. Two weeks is too subjective, more so with ringing in my ears, it's impossible as the ringing varies day to day.
IMG_1501.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1502.jpeg

Ironically I had decided not to subscribe since I was not seeing improvement. As I navigated to the site to cancel my subscription I got a text to tell me my renewal has gone through. My tinnitus is worse at times. That makes getting an accurate assessment with the app difficult.
So, I have one month left. I'll keep you updated.

@alarmguy, you might be interested in the following website:
tinnitustalk.com
I just found it today and registered.
heading out right now, thanks, I bookmarked it.
Im not to concerned with the Tinnitus. Ive learned to live with it. I do want to see if that app helps with the midrange of hearing though.

To put another way, if I think about it, tinnitus can drive me nuts but in everyday life I got used to it and dont think about it except when I think about it... I think you may get what I am saying. So I dont dwell on it but at the same time if something can improve my hearing a little that is good, yet at the same time I dont think I need hearing aids or anything like that and why I trying this app thing.

@terry274

Well, I let it continue at $10 a month however I regret the decision and wish I did what you did, upgrade to the 6 month pro package and here is why.
The whole trial and $10 month plan to me is a shame. As it only allows you to do one frequency at a time and you can not choose that frequency. So it starts at the worst frequency that you hear which in my case and most likely 99% of the population is the highest frequency of 12000 Hz and you can not move to the next frequency until that 12000 hz is better than the next frequency. Meaning the worst frequency always is first to work on and you can not go to the next until that one frequency gets better than the next one.
My hearing will never improve to the point of getting to the next one on the $10 plan, most of the population it will not either. I want to work on the frequencies that matter which is the midrange, human voices, movies ect. not 12000 hz that will do nothing at all for me.
I actually think this is intentional to force the upgrade and I am ok with that too except the deception I sense. Thing is now if I upgrade I think I will lose the $10 my card was just charged. :unsure:
So anyway, just reporting back that for me, trying to improve 12000 hz is pointless but maximum profit for the APP by not allowing me to work on the frequency I chose. This chart shows what I am talking about, why limit me to 12000 Hz? where almost mo fundamental frequency exists.
Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 11.33.33 AM.png

@alarmguy

You can send them an email explaining the situation. I'm pretty sure they will offer to give you the plan you want without you losing the money you've already paid. I had a question and they were quite responsive to me.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working for me so I'm giving up on it.

Last edited:
...if I think about it, tinnitus can drive me nuts but in everyday life I got used to it and don't think about it except when I think about it...
I know exactly what you are saying, but there is tinnitus and there is bad tinnitus. Bad tinnitus is life changing and is difficult to ignore.

I'll say it once again to the young and invincible crowd - protect your hearing! You do NOT want tinnitus!

Scott

I know exactly what you are saying, but there is tinnitus and there is bad tinnitus. Bad tinnitus is life changing and is difficult to ignore.

I'll say it once again to the young and invincible crowd - protect your hearing! You do NOT want tinnitus!

Scott
Yeah, the frustrating thing for me was an ear infection did me in. It was a doctor mistaking my sore throat for viral infection and wouldnt give me antibiotics I was being proactive the day before Christmas, it spread like wildfire on Christmas Day, by the day after Christmas I couldn't hear when I woke up, people would speak to me and it was echo like with ringing in my ears like crazy. Immediately went to urgent care looked in my ears and they said in an excited tone you have massive ear infections. Lucky my hearing came back the ringing never went away.

You know the APU on jumbos as you board them on the tarmac through the rear doors ?

Imagine that in your head...24/7, for 40 plus years....way before power stations.

I have tinnitus that I didn't notice until I went to a concert one year ago yesterday. Hearing loss is very common in dentistry especially in the frequencies of the high speed drill and high volume suction. I also listen to music at loudish levels while lifting although have been turning down the volume for the past year. I sleep with a fan on at night and so almost never find myself in complete silence which is the only time I'd really notice it. I have no issues with it because I sleep with the fan but if I did not it would be a real PITB. It is my understand that tinnitus is essentially the brain "filling in" missing data from hearing loss and because most hearing loss can not be restored treatment for tinnitus is not very efficacious.

… I sleep with a fan on at night and so almost never find myself in complete silence which is the only time I'd really notice it. I have no issues with it because I sleep with the fan but if I did not it would be a real PITB. It is my understand that tinnitus is essentially the brain "filling in" missing data from hearing loss and …
Yes, there are of course greatly varying degrees of tinnitus but in silence things can get brutal.
If your lucky over time you get used to it but imagine no noise at all in a room and put on a set of earbuds or noise canceling headphones and wow does it get right in "your face." = very noticeable.
Or walk in one of those sound proof hearing booths they use for hearing tests and same affect but worse.

I'm older got used to it most of the time. Listening to music, mostly with earbuds and Bose Quiet Comfort 45 noise cancelling headphones you get used to it for most people but it is worse when you discuss it which brings it back to the forefront of your conciousness.
That is for the lucky ones/most people but for some its so severe it is unbareable.

From what I understand there are procedures and treatments but so many variables there is no set solution to the aliment.

(@PWMDMD hopefully you saw this after like 100 edits LOL,, typing on a new keyboard I put on my iPhone called Fleksy and its driving me nuts) yeah I never thought about those high speed drills in your practice)

Last edited:
I have dealt with it most of my life. Unfortunately, it is a brain issue, not an ear issue. There is no cure but the symptoms can be treated. Ginko biloba has offered a "little" reliefonly. No ENT has ever helped me. I have learned to tune it out and I sleep with the radio on at night. I can see how phase cancellation might help .

Back