Audi TT-RS 2020 engine oil choice: suggestions?

hi all, my TT-RS 2020 (2.500 cc, 5-cylinder, turbocharged engine) is going to be flashed with a stage 2 soon, therefore the stock downpipe with catalyst and GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) has been already replaced by a Milltek downpipe with 200 cells high-flow HJS cat; since I don't need to stick anymore with Audi (511.00 low saps 0/W40 recommended oil (https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-esp-x3-0w-40 )

so I'd like to have advices/suggestion for a (different?) engine oil, keeping wear protection in hot condition as the top priority.
Car is spirited-driven at weekends, often long trips in highways at constant speed, some track day, no city or stop&go use, in temperate climate (40/95 F), with changing intervals each 6.000 miles.
thanks

Last edited:
Mobil 1 ESP 5w30. There are other good choices, Motul, Ravenol etc, but I don't see the point of spending more than the Mobil when ESP is world class oil.

You can go into high saps stuff if you want, but personally I don't see the point. You still have a cat and these engines do burn some oil.

Assuming you don't live in North America.

I would remain with VW511.00. Remember oil temps are just as important as oil choice because lower temps help maintain viscosity so you want to have sufficient cooling regardless.

Since you have no emissions system (tsk,tsk) you could essentially use any A3/B4, C3 you wish. All of these oils have a HTHS of 3.5 or higher. Brand not as important with such a short OCI.

A3/B4: BMW LL01, Mercedes 229.50, Porsche A40, VW 505
C3: BMW LL04, Mercedes 229.51, Porsche/VW C40/511.00

I would remain with VW511.00 Oil temps are more important because it helps maintain viscosity.

Now if you just must using something else then you could literally use any A3/B4, C3 you wish. All of these oils have a HTHS of 3.5 or higher.

A3/B4: BMW LL01, Mercedes 229.50, Porsche A40, VW 505
C3: BMW LL04, Mercedes 229.51, Porsche/VW C40/511.00

OP not living in North America crossed my mind, in that case I would just stick with 511 oil also. I'm actually not sure if the 2020+ versions of these cars call for 511 in North America or not.

Ya I don't know.

Nope, still 504

1674754645755.jpg

dont see where you live a VERY important factor for oil viscosity choice BUT a great hot rod $$$$ like that deserves better REAL synthetic oil check our sponsors HPL great offerings or other real synthetics. you can contact HPL or even Redline for recommendations, enjoy your ride!!

dont see where you live a VERY important factor for oil viscosity choice BUT a great hot rod $$$$ like that deserves better REAL synthetic oil check our sponsors HPL great offerings or other real synthetics. you can contact HPL or even Redline for recommendations, enjoy your ride!!
511.00/C40 are rare finds in the US.

thanks you all for the given advices!
I believe I will stay with 511.00, since I prefer a /40 than /30, considering the drving style and the local climate..
the only question left is if it can be worth to move toward a mid SAPS oil (no GPF anymore) or remaining into the low SAPS territory.
thanks again

I would remain with VW511.00. Remember oil temps are just as important as oil choice because lower temps help maintain viscosity so you want to have sufficient cooling regardless.

Exactly.

Since you have no emissions system (tsk,tsk) you could essentially use any A3/B4, C3 you wish.

It's a HJS catted (200cpi) Milltek DP. See below:

my TT-RS 2020 (2.500 cc, 5-cylinder, turbocharged engine) is going to be flashed with a stage 2 soon, therefore the stock downpipe with catalyst and GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) has been already replaced by a Milltek downpipe with 200 cells high-flow HJS cat; since I don't need to stick anymore with Audi (511.00 low saps 0/W40 recommended oil (https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-esp-x3-0w-40 )

I too assume you're based in Europe. UK? (Western) Europe = ultra low sulphur fuel.
I'd too vote for VW 511 00 (Porsche C40). My first personal recommendations are
M1 ESP 0W-40 X3 and Ravenol RUP 5W-40. I used to run the latter intermittently on
my GTI. See my signature for a table of all current VW 511 00 approved oils. Most if
not all also meet MB 229.51, BMW LL-04 (includes most recent M cars) and Porsche
C40. VW 511 00/Porsche C40 is hard to beat for your 2.5 TFSI. Btw, these approvals
are mid-SAPS actually, not Low-SAPS. Full-SAPS may do more harm but help (LSPI).

sorry, I just added my location (Rome, Italy)
If the M1 ESP 0W/40 am currently using is a mid SAPS (missing data in the product sheet), it is another reason to stay with this oil...
but going to check your 511 approved oils list

Since you have no emissions system (tsk,tsk) you could essentially use any A3/B4, C3 you wish. All of these oils have a HTHS of 3.5 or higher. Brand not as important with such a short OCI.
Tsk tsk until Audi tries to stiff you with the $8000 bill when the cats fail under warranty. Ask me how I know.

Back