Audi TT Owners Chime IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks,

Just got past the big Divorce and want to get back something from my past that I enjoyed. Yes I'm a corvette guy, but I like knocking around with blizzaks on the mountain roads in the winter. I owned a 2002 TT roadster with BB glove leather that I beat the heck out of. Now I'm looking into the used market and I see the 1.8 turbo or the 3.2 6 cylinder as an option (I prefer the old body style by a mile). What would you guys buy if cost wasn't an option and why? Please cite maintenance,style and longevity reasons if you could. Thanks folks BITOG has been the ultimate support group for me!!
10.gif

Originally Posted By: pickled
OK folks,

Just got past the big Divorce and want to get back something from my past that I enjoyed. Yes I'm a corvette guy, but I like knocking around with blizzaks on the mountain roads in the winter. I owned a 2002 TT roadster with BB glove leather that I beat the heck out of. Now I'm looking into the used market and I see the 1.8 turbo or the 3.2 6 cylinder as an option (I prefer the old body style by a mile). What would you guys buy if cost wasn't an option and why? Please cite maintenance,style and longevity reasons if you could. Thanks folks BITOG has been the ultimate support group for me!!
10.gif

11.gif
Here's to being single again!

I Haven't driven the new body style but by all reports the driving dynamics are much better. Might be worth a look at a slightly used one unless you really hate the looks.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
1.8 turbo was a sludger.

Uhh, not the transverse applications. Extra 1q capacity in the sump and the exhaust downpipe not against the turbo oil lines. You're thinking the longitudinal applications like A4 and Passat. Most everyone does 5k intervals in them and that averts any sludge. I used to argue for longer ocis, but was convinced I was wrong. Not a lot of people realize GC was Factory-Fill in the 1.8ts.

engineoil.jpg

A used TT might be the wife's next car. Pretty good prices now. I believe Audi sold a lot of them. The 225 engine has some forged parts and balanced crank.

I do like the newer style better, fwiw.

Thanks Stevie...9 years coming and I am now finally feeling quite good about the wonderful quiet weekends that I have to be out in the garage again serving no task master!

Just make sure to take a minute and pause and enjoy the silence and the fact that you can at that moment do whatever you feel like. Then take a deep breath and resume what it was you were doing.

I haven't been divorced, nor married yet, but I have seen my share of divorces and have been a counselor at times as our family seems to like this path for some reason.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
How come my avatar looks so small all of a sudden?

Maybe it's proportionate to the amount of money donated?

Quote:
I do like the newer style better, fwiw.

+1

AWD and cost no object? I'd think about getting the first or second year of the normal-looking current generation Acura RL (2004-2005?). Or an S4 Avant. Or Volvo V70R. Or Saabaru or WRX.(I like wagons.)

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
1.8 turbo was a sludger.

This statement is false for the Audi TT and other vehicles with the same chassis(Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Audi A3). Only the B5 chassis(Audi A4/Passat) are prone in certain years due to the engine being mounting with the crankshaft fore/aft resulting in smaller oil capacity and reconfigured pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back