Audi finally offers Euro Delivery for US buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, Ingolstadt is an hour from my town, BMW only 30 minutes. Too bad I have my eyes on the 2007 Scirocco! Anyway, it would be the second car I take across the pond...
boat.gif

Last edited:
About time !

They should also throw in free plastic seat covers for those first timers driving the Bahns.

These are great programs ! One can really get a feel for how good German cars handle.

Quote:

They should also throw in free plastic seat covers for those first timers driving the Bahns.

It's much, much easier than driving in Northern Virginia, assuming you're a driver that pays attention and knows what lane to be in.

In Germany, you don't need to worry about being tailgated in the right lane. In Northern Virginia, that happens ALL THE TIME.

In Germany, you don't need to worry about being stuck behind someone going 50MPH in the left lane (unless it's a truck, but then they actually move over after they complete their pass). In Northern Virginia, that happens ALL THE TIME.

In Germany, you don't need to worry about someone changing lanes into your lane without realizing that you are going faster than they are. In Northern Virginia, that happens ALL THE TIME.

Yes, driving in Germany is really scary--if you think Northern Virginia traffic is "normal". My view is that it's as dysfunctional as it can possibly get.

I felt like I was driving in a third-world country after I got back to Northern Virginia.

Last edited:
Quote:

I felt like I was driving in a third-world country after I got back to Northern Virginia.

I assume this was tongue in cheek? If not, you should really drive in a 3rd world country some day. It's a "neat" experience. I had my taste of it in Moldova.

More chaos and lawlessness..I guess Northern Virginia hasn't hit rock-bottom yet..we don't have people driving on the wrong side of the highway on a regular basis..yet. By 2020 when it's predicted we'll have 24x7 gridlock, I imagine some drivers might take more chances..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back