ATT Double Data promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up for people that have ATT and one of their share plans, or are looking to maybe switch. If you get the 15GB Share plan or higher, you can ask for a free doubling of data (to 30GB) which lasts indefinitely. You have to sign up by the end of 10/31 though. I already called and got mine switched over. This does apply to existing customers with the 15GB or higher, just call and tell them you want the free double data promotion.

Here is a link to the press release
http://about.att.com/story/sign_up_by_oc..._160_month.html

sounds good till you get to the 2 lines for 160$ part.

I guess if you shared 5 lines and it was 160$ ish that wouldnt be too bad.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Both my brother and I upgraded our family plans from the 10GB mobile value share to the 15 GB plan! Got 30 GB now. As little data we use now, it will feel like an unlimited data plan now!

Except there is an additional monthly fee for each smart phone on the plan. Most reviews I've read indicate the new plans are about the same costs as the older ones.

It may be a bit better with the doubled data. But then oilBabe gets unlimited for $30/mo, so I'm not seeing how this is better. We had unlimited data with her previous smart phone and that was rolled into her iPhone plans and hasn't gone away yet.

If she can no longer get the unlimited data, I might look at this. But we would be foolish to give up unlimited for $30/month for something less for more.

Originally Posted By: Rand

Except that, AFAIK, they throttle you at 5GB, so it's really not unlimited anymore.

I had a couple of lines grandfathered under that old unlimited plan myself.

So, let me get this promo straight - is it applicable to business accounts? I have five phones sharing 10GB for $175 / month. I only have to go to the 15GB plan to get 30GB?

We rarely use more than three or four gigs, so not sure I need an upgrade.

For me, going from 3 separate data plans, including a Enterprise data for me, unlimited on my Mom's and another standard data on my brother's it was about $210 a month. I went to the mobile share value 10GB and that dropped to $150. I think the old plan was only the 1000 min or something too. Even though we lost the unlimited on my Mom's phone I've never seen her use more than .5 GB in a month anyway.

Originally Posted By: Win
Except that, AFAIK, they throttle you at 5GB, so it's really not unlimited anymore.

I had a couple of lines grandfathered under that old unlimited plan myself.

I don't believe they will throttle you if you're under contract. If you go on Apple's website to order the phone a lot of people are getting the option for a new unlimited line if you already have an unlimited line. My brother just got another one. You have to jump through a couple hoops like picking it up at an apple store and having the phone activated by scanning the box or some nonsense like that, but it's possible. Apparently you can also transfer the unlimited lines to others. Sounds like too many hoops for the data I use but it makes sense for others.

AT&T does not throttle data for this plan.

T-Mobile throttles data above 2.5GB or 5GB depending upon which "unlimited" or "10GB" plan you have.

Originally Posted By: Rand

Exactly. We pay $119 or so with unlimited data and limited texts (but we use imessage extensively, which uses data, and is how it should be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back