Atlantic Ocean circulation is weakest in at least 1,600 years ( 2/26/21 ) .

The earthā€™s climate is made up of a huge number of interconnected and interdependent hydrodynamic and thermodynamic systems which by their nature are ever changing. Itā€™s when things stop changing that Iā€™ll start to worry.

P.S. Iā€™m not saying letā€™s all go be ***** and cut off our catalytic converters, roll-coal, and dump our used oil in the storm drain or anything but I just donā€™t buy into all this alarmist reporting.

The earthā€™s climate is made up of a huge number of interconnected and interdependent hydrodynamic and thermodynamic systems which by their nature are ever changing. Itā€™s when things stop changing that Iā€™ll start to worry.

P.S. Iā€™m not saying letā€™s all go be ***** and cut off our catalytic converters, roll-coal, and dump our used oil in the storm drain or anything but I just donā€™t buy into all this alarmist reporting.
I agree! In 4th grade we learned about the ice age and Pangea. Our world was changing and will continue to change with or without us. And often at different rates.

My house in the desert was once under the Sea! I have petrified tree stumps on my property as well as sea shell fossils in rocks.

Got a link to some actual information besides this sensational thread title? A source, perhaps?
This 3-year-old article is likely the source:

It was just reposted as 'new' by CBS:

I agree! In 4th grade we learned about the ice age and Pangea. Our world was changing and will continue to change with or without us. And often at different rates.

My house in the desert was once under the Sea! I have petrified tree stumps on my property as well as sea shell fossils in rocks.
might drop back into the ocean any day too!

Any mathematical model used for simulation can be tainted by ideological and personal biases.

The word "Suggest" is often used in scientific papers to inject presuppositions (assumptions and conjectures) that have nothing to do with the actual science.

"...Until a little more than 10 years ago scientists did not have any direct measurements of the AMOC to see how it was actually responding...."

So there is no real historical data to put into any of the simulation models to make any real predictions.

Last edited:

I remember when the MSM posted actual non biased facts. Those days are gone.

Noticed that article in my news this morning, but didn't get around to reading it. Did not know it was 3 years old.

In third grade (1992-3 for me), our ā€œWeekly Readerā€ said that we would have to live in underground cities by the year 1999 because the atmosphere would no longer be able to support life on the surface.

Any mathematical model used for simulation can be tainted by ideological and personal biases.

The word "Suggest" is often used in scientific papers to inject presuppositions (assumptions and conjectures) that have nothing to do with the actual science.

"...Until a little more than 10 years ago scientists did not have any direct measurements of the AMOC to see how it was actually responding to climate change...."

So there is no real historical data to put into any of the simulation models to make any real predictions.

When there is none we make it up and email it to each other and when someone hacks the emails and we get caught in these shenanigans we claim it was for the greater good and the world gives us a pass. This has really happened.

Thanks for posting the Scientific American article. It was an interesting read about how ocean currents work and it answers a lot of the questions about how the study was conducted. The point I took home is that things do change, and people living on the Atlantic coastline should be on notice if the study's conclusions are correct.

The CBS story links to a 2021 article by the same authors as this 2018 study, which I think might be the one summarized earlier by Scientific American: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-021-00699-z

Back