ATF machine on EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing a flush machine needs to do somewhat accurately is to pump back in new ATF at the same rate it's accepting used ATF from the transmission.

The only thing a flush machine needs to do somewhat accurately is to pump back in new ATF at the same rate it's accepting used ATF from the transmission.

Read the description, it's some hilarious Engrish
laugh.gif

No need for anything elaborate like that. I use the engine to pump fluid out and a $5 walmart sprayer to pump fluid in.

The seller is a one stop shopping destination, Dodge Dakoda A/C compressors, beehives, gumball machines and that sissy squat exerciser. And the list goes on. My guess is whatever they can cram into an overseas(Chinese)shipping container.

Multiple pan drain and fills is wasteful, especially if you don't have a drain plug....that will waste a ton of your time as well unscrewing a dozen or two pan bolts each time. More effective to just use your own car's engine at idle to pump out the fluid, replacing it with fresh fluid. Then you get all the old stuff out in one shot rather than numerous dilution cycles. In my car I could probably pump it clean at idle with about 16 qts. Using pan dilution I'd need 24-27 qts.

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Multiple pan drain and fills is wasteful, especially if you don't have a drain plug....that will waste a ton of your time as well unscrewing a dozen or two pan bolts each time. More effective to just use your own car's engine at idle to pump out the fluid, replacing it with fresh fluid. Then you get all the old stuff out in one shot rather than numerous dilution cycles. In my car I could probably pump it clean at idle with about 16 qts. Using pan dilution I'd need 24-27 qts.
I agree but I think I would take a D&F over some random cheap flush machine lol.

Originally Posted by 69GTX

You can usually get an aftermarket pan with a drain plug, so you don't have to unscrew all those bolts. And anyway, the complete flush is almost never necessary, unless you either used the wrong fluid, or if you're still on the FF at 200k
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
31.gif

NEVER machine flush an automatic transmission!

Instead, just do multiple drain and fills
smile.gif

Wasteful of ATF especially when it gets expensive like $16/QT.

Step 5 is the key to the entire process:

5. Butt the roof of the car, since every impetus gear needs operating.

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
Step 5 is the key to the entire process:

5. Butt the roof of the car, since every impetus gear needs operating.

That was my favorite too!

Originally Posted by Donald
31.gif

smile.gif

Wasteful of ATF especially when it gets expensive like $16/QT.

What kind of car do you have where the ATF is $16/qt? Most non-CVT automatics can use Maxlife, and Redline C+ is about $10/qt when buying in bulk. Castrol CVT fluid often goes on sale for $5/qt, and Amalie DCT fluid is about $5-6/qt

And again, one drain-and-fill from the drain plug is almost always sufficient.

31.gif

smile.gif

Never? What exactly is it that I am supposed to be avoiding?

31.gif

smile.gif

I flush them all of the time.

What's the problem?

I like doing the cooler line flush, it's simple, effective and best of all satisfying (watching all that filthy fluid fly out, then turn clean and red).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back