ATF hoses clamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

So I Did flush ...
I had one of those spring clamps .. I guess they are not reusable ..

I got some screw type clamps and I replaced it ..

I think i used to much torque because you can see that the hose its super tide ... Should I loose it ? or just leave it ?

Leave it... ATF hoses are under greater pressure than a fuel hose, so where you have it will ensure it doesn't leak or blow off.

Cutting in on the ends of the clamp, or just where the slotted holes are? If just the slotted holes then it's ok, if on the ends then it's too tight.

ends \ thx guys I will leave it for now get some better clamps and hose for magnafine from CT

Where your dad have his shop.. I will get him some customers.

Last edited:
He's retired now.. But thanks for the offer. Try to get the style of clamp that is a solid band without slotted holes and have a screw/nut that tightens the band. This is the best for this style of application IMO.

Also when you fix it, cut the hose just behind where the old clamps where to get rid of the damaged part or it could leak in future...

Fuel_Injection_Hose_Clamp.jpg

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Thank You Again Steve :D

I Own A case really Buddy :D

PS, I Have Santa Fee too Mom does
wink.gif
Great car

Originally Posted By: StevieC
He's retired now.. But thanks for the offer. Try to get the style of clamp that is a solid band without slotted holes and have a screw/nut that tightens the band. This is the best for this style of application IMO.

Also when you fix it, cut the hose just behind where the old clamps where to get rid of the damaged part or it could leak in future...

Fuel_Injection_Hose_Clamp.jpg

cheers3.gif

+1
Took me years to figure out the fuel injection clamps seal the best with the least chance of leaks or hose damage.

They are more of a pain than worm drive clamps, but worth the effort. You don't want the trans fluid to pump out from a bad connection/clamp.

Thats what I got :) On My Frankenstein Magnafine installation :) And I used some brass fitings 90 degree .. :p

With trans lines, it is a good idea with standard screw clamps to put 2 on close together, at 180 degrees apart.
No gorillas needed.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
Thats what I got :) On My Frankenstein Magnafine installation :) And I used some brass fitings 90 degree .. :p
We need pictures!
20.gif

C'mon be a true BITOG-er!

If you don't have a camera, take a drive up to Binbrook!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back