ATF for a 2006 Saab 9-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that Mobil 3309 is the spec for this car. I can get T-IV for about $6 per quart. Maxlife or Castrol IMV would be about $5. Any opinions?

^ That's what I'd do.

I couldn't find a good T-IV or 3309 source when I needed it for our old '06 Fusion, and had good success with Castrol IMV at the time.

Originally Posted By: ET16
It seems that Mobil 3309 is the spec for this car. I can get T-IV for about $6 per quart. Maxlife or Castrol IMV would be about $5. Any opinions?

I would just go with the T-IV from your Toyota dealer...It comes down to this: do you trust the fluid maker to recommend what transmission to use it in?

while Castrol IMV says that it meets several specs, those specs don't include JWS-3309 or T-IV...Castrol, however, recommends it for use in transmissions with those specs...same story with Max-Life...Max-Life is recommended for applications which require T-IV.

Not saying T-IV is the best ever...but then you don't have to answer the question above...

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
^ That's what I'd do.

I couldn't find a good T-IV or 3309 source when I needed it for our old '06 Fusion, and had good success with Castrol IMV at the time.

+1 on Castrol IMV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back