ATF fluid for 01M 2002 Jetta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Just got this vehicle from a friend for $500. Mileage is around 170k. I have scoured the TDI forums for the best fluid to use.

So I am pretty keen on Redline Fluids. They have protected many of my previous vehicles and I have never had any complaints whatsoever.

Completely related to this thread, Redline C+ kept my 3rd generation Caravan alive. I visited Redline's product finder which suggests D4.

Coincidentally, I have more Redline C+ than I know what to do with from that Caravan. I asked Redline if I could get away with using that in lieu of D4.

Their response kind of shocked me in that they advised me it was the same formulation and fine to use. A review of the specs showed that there were some differences but I did some deep dives over at the TDI forums which revealed that there are people who run ATF+4 in the trans just fine and even some shops suggesting it.

I am also into squeezing as many highway MPG as I can out of this thing just for fun. Looks like the cSt of the C+ is a bit higher than the rest at 100C. Will that hurt fuel economy?

Thanks!

FWIW, G052-162-A2 is the correct fluid.

No. IMHO, any difference in MPG would be unmeasurable.

I'd just use whatever licensed ATF my owner's manual called for. Wouldn't that be a Pentosin ATF?

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back