ATF+4 and Valvoline Long Life ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still the case that Chrysler hasn't licensed anyone to produce ATF+4.

However, some legitimate companies are offering fluid for ATF+4 applications now -- Amsoil, Pennzoil, Schaeffers, Mobil, Redline, and now you say Valvoline.

They don't say it IS ATF+4; they say it is recommended for use where ATF+4 is specified.

Me ? I still am getting it from the dealer.

Don't waste the fluid. If you're in doubt, toss in a bottle of Lubegard or Smartblend.

Problem with most tranny flushes is that noone resets the TCU. Have the ECU/TCU reset if any shift problems occur.

I just had my trucks transmission serviced by a shop that does great work for me. I had my tranny serviced there recently and he used the Valvoline instead of the ATF+4. He told me that they are the same fluid that Valvoline makes the fluid for Chryco. I read on the bottle and sure enough it says for ATF+4 applications. What is the story behind this? I know that it is some sort of big secret at Chryco concerning the makeup of this fluid and I am wondering if anyone knows something of this or should I get that fluid out as quick as possible.

I have put on a few miles and there are no shifting problems. As a matter of fact it shifts very smoothly. Well time will tell but all seems well.

Well here is a followup. Everything is A OK. There are no issues with my tranny at all. It seems to shift better than before, alot smoother. I did put in the Lubeguard though to make sure. I am starting to wonder about DC and thier ATF +4. Is it really so much different than the others? Does Valvoline really make this for them and are there other ATF's that are compatible with ATF +4? I hope this isn't the case of DC pulling the wool over peoples eyes!

I changed my wifes 2003 Wrangler over to Specialty formulations ATF+4 and their 75w140 gear oil and all I can say is wow, the truck NEVER shifted this smooth and in the past the downshifting was a little rough but now it is smooth as silk. I have tried booth Amsoil and Redline in the past but the shifting was very rough and banged when down shifting to first. They are a site sponser and in my opinion they make some of the best lubes out there.

quote:

I changed my wifes 2003 Wrangler over to Specialty formulations ATF+4

I looked on their site on the list of products and I don't see any mention of ATF+4. Where did you find it?

You have to ask them to make it for you, and I think it was the same price as the regular ATF can't remember, but what a great ATF, a major improvement over the OEM fluid. Give it a try and you won't be dissappionted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back