At the DC March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nickaluch
WOW took daughter and 7 friends I feel the change. Proud of these kids

thumbsup2.gif

I replaced the recoil spring in my Marlin60 today. The stiffer spring really cycles the 14 rounds well.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Because?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I FEEL the change

facepalm

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Were they marching for Parents being better Parents? Since that is the crux of the problem.

Originally Posted By: dave123
What a waste of time.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
In other news, I decided to join the NRA.

ITT: People that complain about "these kids today" not caring or standing up for things, then tear them down for trying to organize and speak their mind... because it disagrees with their viewpoint.

Originally Posted By: smc733
Because?

I FEEL the change

facepalm

Were they marching for Parents being better Parents? Since that is the crux of the problem.

What a waste of time.

ITT: People that complain about "these kids today" not caring or standing up for things, then tear them down for trying to organize and speak their mind... because it disagrees with their viewpoint.
When you disagree with the Constitution, you pack your bags and leave. If you want to exchange safety for liberty, this is not a country for you. Want your rights infringed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because?

I FEEL the change

facepalm

What a waste of time.

Sorry, no.

My comment is not meant to "tear them down". Rather, it is a question of whether they were addressing the actual problem.

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Because?

I FEEL the change

facepalm

What a waste of time.

When you disagree with the Constitution, you pack your bags and leave. If you want to exchange safety for liberty, this is not a country for you. Want your rights infringed? GTFO!

Why are people unable to have a conversation on this topic without raging to "GTFO"? For the record, I never stated my opinion on guns in here.

The constitution was formed in a time where weapons did not have the capability to mow down tens of people in a minute. I think it is healthy to have a debate about your right to own an assault weapon being "infringed" versus someone's life being infringed from the plentiful availability of a mass-murder weapon that did not exist when the constitution was written.

As to your "When you disagree with the Constitution, you pack your bags and leave.". This is wrong, and is why we have an amendment process with a high bar to pass. If enough of the public views a need to change, their democratically elected representatives have the capability to amend the constitution. It should not be done recklessly, which is why it needs a supermajority vote to make an amendment, but the constitution is very much not a fixed, unchangeable document.

Also, for the record, these students are exercising their first amendment right in the constitution by speaking.

Last edited:
Because?

I FEEL the change

facepalm

What a waste of time.

Sorry, no.

My comment is not meant to "tear them down". Rather, it is a question of whether they were addressing the actual problem.

I'd be curious to see your empirical evidence that ties this to parenting. No anecdotes, please.

I'd be curious to see your empirical evidence that ties this to parenting. No anecdotes, please.

I'd be curious to see your empirical evidence that this isn't tied to (poor) parenting. No anecdotes, please.

I guess I will say, different strokes for different folks. As for me, I’m in the process of cleaning my AR-15’s bore. The problem is manifesting itself in the minds of some people, often teenagers or those in their early twenties. Question is what factors are causing this mental problem, and how can we mitigate it? Parenting and life in schools are the first things I’d look into if it were my job to investigate this.

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
When you disagree with the Constitution, you pack your bags and leave. If you want to exchange safety for liberty, this is not a country for you. Want your rights infringed? GTFO!

Locking is taking a while.

Anyway, I'm not sure any of the proposed laws that didn't pass have anything to do with getting rid of the Constitution so I don't even really knows what this means.

I don't think anyone is actually against the Constitution on either side, like someone else said, they're just practicing free speech.

I'd be curious to see your empirical evidence that this isn't tied to (poor) parenting. No anecdotes, please.

Nope, that's not how it works. When you make a claim, you supply the evidence. The null hypothesis is true until the person making the claim supplies proof that meets the threshold. (Either preponderance of evidence or beyond reasonable doubt). You can't supply a claim and shout "ITS TRUE, PROVE ME WRONG". Furthermore, studies do not set out to disprove things, they set out to prove things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back