at least it missed the bike...

Mercy!!! the 20 year old plastic jug of machinist dye crumbled in my hands flinging the contents...

[Linked Image]

Machinist Dye is designed to set quickly... Actone will clean it off some surfaces but others the dye soaks in...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by gathermewool
This is the type of thread I'd start after murdering a smurf, just to throw them off...

You are a funny dude.
cheers3.gif

Wow, what a mess. Looks like some kind of "modern art".

In Arizona opened bottles of liquids tend to repeatedly pressurize during the day past seals then contract and crush the bottle at night. I had a pint of that stuff in my garage cupboard that leaked along a crush line and smurfed the shelves, inside the door and the roll-away toolbox parked under it. Its still Tye-Dyed to this day :)

I would just call it a day, consider that it adds some character to the shop the way rust is fondly called patina in certain situations, and continue moving forward. Easier said than done, I guess.

I had something like that happen with a plastic bottle of marvel mystery oil. It was in the winter out in my unheated garage. I went to pick up the bottle to throw a splash in the bikes gas tank, when it crumbled in my hand. The bottle wasn't older then 1/2 years old. Surprised the heck out of me, and I had to think quickly to grab an old coffee cup to dump the rest of the bottle into. It was so brittle I didn't want to even set it down in fear it would break apart if I tried to pick it up again.,,

Back