At-Home Tire Inflation

I had a real cheapo auto tire inflator that lasted a few years and that little piston had all it could take and had a cardiac arrest. Looking for a recommendation on a decent unit for home use. My biggest tires are on the F150 (275/60/20) with the remaining typical 17 and 18" SUV/wagon type of tire.

Does it have to be AC powered? Does DC work?

I've had pretty good luck with the middle tier DC tire inflater from Harbor freight (I think it's like $80, clamps onto the battery).

I have been happy with this one. It is far superior to their M12 version:

That's the best inflator out there, My m18 compressor is slower then this.

I have been happy with this one. It is far superior to their M12 version:

I have that and the M12. The M18 is by far superior, but the M12 would be better for an in car compressor. Although I did discover this weekend that the M18 hose will not get into the front wheels on my Super Duty, I ordered an angled adapter so it can work.

I have that and the M12. The M18 is by far superior, but the M12 would be better for an in car compressor. Although I did discover this weekend that the M18 hose will not get into the front wheels on my Super Duty, I ordered an angled adapter so it can work.
I ordered a quick release adapter for the M12. Haven't used it yet. The M12 screw on is OK...

I've got a HF Ultra Quiet Fortress air compressor that works very well. 2 gallon tank. It's pretty heavy but it is much quieter than any compressor I've had before. Around $190. The quietness is worth it to me.

Back