AT Dipstick 2009 Highlander?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I humbly come to you with my head bowed down peaking over my reading glasses. I am gonna ask a question and 95% will not understand why I am asking and I really don't want to type an explanation. I really do have one.

My question is does a 2009 Toyota Highlander have a dipstick to check the ATF or not?

27.gif

FWIW: My ‘11 Highlander (4-cyl, 2WD) has the U760E (6-speed) transmission, and it does not have dipstick. The other transmissions that Toyota used for that vehicle were the U151E (2WD, 6-cyl?) and U151F (4WD, 6-cyl?), and I don't know whether they had dipsticks, or not. Your vehicle's transmission model is listed on the door sill data sticker.

See, I don't have it yet. Getting it Monday. The current owner doesn't know. She has all her work done at the dealership

It's 6 cylinder 2WD

Originally Posted by JMJNet
Google found this for Gen II 2008-2013 Highlander:
https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/diy-transmission-fluid-drain-fill.418165/

Thanks! I have been all over that sight. Guess I wasn't using the correct words in my search.

Thank goodness it has a dipstick.

I called 3 Toyota dealers. Only one got back with me and they told me it was sealed and temp range was 119-133F. Lexus mechanic said it had a dipstick but that was based on a Lexus RX350. The online owners manual doesn't show a dipstick.

JMJNet, I appreciate your help
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Originally Posted by Gebo
I am googled out.

Duck Duck Go instead.

That is what I use. Also only use Brave. Safari if Brave protects me too much.
grin.gif

Google is like a Kleenex in my vernacular. A USED Kleenex.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back