At a Crossroad with My F-150; sell or keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by panthermike
After seeing the market and what that entails to get out of the vehicle, I've changed my mind. Even with a good deal on the Rams, I would have to incur $10,000 in repairs over the next 5 years just to break even. I doubt I will as it does have a new longblock, so even if the trans had to be replaced still coming out way ahead. Normally, in these situations I would do whatever it takes to get out of a vehicle. But things are different now, and the idea of starting over, even with a new vehicle is not exciting to me.

I'm going to start with plugs, boots and springs. Then, I'll have Ford check out the vibration.

I'd like to thank all who have given advice in this situation.
11.gif

If you can afford to take the time from work and other errands to complete the repairs to your truck you made the wise choice. Best of luck to you.

Originally Posted by dave1251
After seeing the market and what that entails to get out of the vehicle, I've changed my mind. Even with a good deal on the Rams, I would have to incur $10,000 in repairs over the next 5 years just to break even. I doubt I will as it does have a new longblock, so even if the trans had to be replaced still coming out way ahead. Normally, in these situations I would do whatever it takes to get out of a vehicle. But things are different now, and the idea of starting over, even with a new vehicle is not exciting to me.

I'm going to start with plugs, boots and springs. Then, I'll have Ford check out the vibration.

11.gif

If you can afford to take the time from work and other errands to complete the repairs to your truck you made the wise choice. Best of luck to you.

Yep agree here. When the thread started it had very little to do with $$$$$ and everything to do with what a pain in the neck the truck was. I got a feeling you are not going to be happy....Go buy a RAM Tradesman previous model design-the dealer will make you a GREAT DEAL.

Originally Posted by CKN

11.gif

Yep agree here. When the thread started it had very little to do with $$$$$ and everything to do with what a pain in the neck the truck was. I got a feeling you are not going to be happy....Go buy a RAM Tradesman previous model design-the dealer will make you a GREAT DEAL.

Well, after going back and forth many times and deciding the truck isn't worth the hassle....the F-150 is gone. Replaced with a '19 Ram 1500 Classic; Pentastar, Crew, and 4x4. Picked it up with 13,900 miles for 22,500. Absolutely love it, especially the powertrain. After driving a 50/50 mix hwy/city and taking a trip up north to the mountains, I'm averaging 23mpg.

Originally Posted by CKN

11.gif

Well, after going back and forth many times and deciding the truck isn't worth the hassle....the F-150 is gone. Replaced with a '19 Ram 1500 Classic; Pentastar, Crew, and 4x4. Picked it up with 13,900 miles for 22,500. Absolutely love it, especially the powertrain. After driving a 50/50 mix hwy/city and taking a trip up north to the mountains, I'm averaging 23mpg.

thumbsup2.gif
Great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back