Aspen White Acura MDX Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got around to doing the wife's car, a 2011 MDX in Aspen White. There were small reddish brown spots along the lower 1/3 of the car. I'm thinking this was some kind of iron compound from the brakes. Anyway I busted out the Porter Cable and the Menzerna SF4500 polish and fortunately most of them came off with relative ease. I topped it off with Collinite 845 applied by machine.

Engine bay:
P21S Total Auto Wash
Scrub with brush, rinse

Exterior:
Clean wheels and wheel wells with wash soap, wheel brush, and dedicated mitt
Wash w/ Mothers Cali. Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax (2 bucket method with grit guards)
Clean jambs
Polish with Menzerna SF4500 using Porter Cable DA polisher
Wash w/ Mothers Cali. Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax (to remove polish dust)
Wax with Collinite 845 applied by machine
Exterior plastic and rubber treated with Adam's Super VRT

Its tougher to be impressed by white in pics, but here are some anyway. **Note there is an artifact that shows up in my phone camera, it's not a spot on the car**

null_zpsc96b908c.jpg

null_zpse9678d3b.jpg

null_zpse7469dd7.jpg

null_zps646b8fce.jpg

null_zpsca0c9515.jpg

Looks beautiful...

Love Collinite. I warm it up and put it in a spray bottle. It's crazy how a little will go a long way.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Looks beautiful...

Love Collinite. I warm it up and put it in a spray bottle. It's crazy how a little will go a long way.

Oh man that's a great idea! When I put it on the PC I poured too much out several times and had to try to get it back in the bottle, plus a couple weeks ago I was using it and the bottle fell over (cap off) on my driveway and some spilled out. Do you fit a spray nozzle to the Collinite bottle?

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Looks beautiful...

Oh man that's a great idea! When I put it on the PC I poured too much out several times and had to try to get it back in the bottle, plus a couple weeks ago I was using it and the bottle fell over (cap off) on my driveway and some spilled out. Do you fit a spray nozzle to the Collinite bottle?

I'm not sure if a sprayer nozzle will fit the Collinite bottle, I sure haven't tried. I went to the Walmart and bought an $.89 spray bottle -- bottle was clear and sprayer was white/blue. I just soaked the new Collinite bottle in hot water and poured it into the sprayer. When you warm it up, it sprays out very well! Makes apply it a breeze. I have a PC 7242XP but I just use a hand applicator for my Collinite -- even easy by hand with a spray bottle.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Where do you guys buy the Collinite?

My local Advance Auto Parts carries it on the shelves.

Looks nice! even some reflections despite being white - I have IMMENSE respect for anyone who has the motivation to detail a WHITE vehicle, because I am gathering courage to start detailing mine - which is bad, I know.

so little to show on a white car no matter how much work is put in.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Looks beautiful...

I'm not sure if a sprayer nozzle will fit the Collinite bottle, I sure haven't tried. I went to the Walmart and bought an $.89 spray bottle -- ...

At first I was thinking of a finger pump sprayer in the existing bottle.

If they come back I may look into that. They were stubborn enough washing wouldn't take them off yet not bad enough that this super fine finishing polish would. I'm happy with the result but not all of the dripping sweat if I ever have to do it again.

Thanks. Yes it is.

Quick update on a product I used here for the first time: Adam's Super VRT. We've been getting a lot of rain in NJ over the past week or two and this stuff is holding up MUCH better than I thought it would. The plastic still looks more black than normal and water is beading off of it, even the tires are holding up well considering.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Very nice! White is tough!

Dark colors are way harder! I have owned a few of each..
But white is tough for certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back