Aspen tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local Big O tires dealer (same as Tire King) sells Aspen tires for their economy tires, I looked them over and thought they looked good for an economy tire, anyone used these tires? I know that aspen tires are made out of country, maybe with Maxiss tires?

To give you an useful answer I just did a goggle search and many owners have put them on secondary autos or "beaters" and have found them satisfactory.

Maybe you could try a search yourself and see what I found.

The upside is that they are sold by a big chain tire store and I assume come with some kind of warranty so you should be OK.

Last edited:
Sumi rubber....same tire as Sumic and Doral....not very good as an A/S tire as the compound gets hard and slips on wet/cold/icy roads...decent 3 season tire though.....based on 16k miles in Florida and 2 weeks in 40ish Chicago area...

Apparently Big O has a relationship of some kind with Sumitomo because some of their Big O labeled tires are made by Sumi as well.

I saw this the other day but wanted to wait for snow. I bought a set and had them siped before mounting them on my HHR. The roads were wet from rain before the extreme temp drop and our first snowfall last night.
This am was 12 degrees and the streets were 2" of snow over ice. The tires had a little slip on take off occasionally but were excellent overall. Stability and traction were better than I could have imagined.
Other makes and models may have different results but I am quie pleased with the Aspens.

Originally Posted By: hummdrumm
The tires had a little slip on take off occasionally but were excellent overall. Stability and traction were better than I could have imagined.
Other makes and models may have different results but I am quie pleased with the Aspens.

That's what I noticed when I was on 30-40°ish rain soaked roads...also on curves/turns...was shocked as it was never in issue in sunny south Florida..
...drive 'em smoothly up there...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hummdrumm
I saw this the other day but wanted to wait for snow. I bought a set and had them siped before mounting them on my HHR. The roads were wet from rain before the extreme temp drop and our first snowfall last night.
This am was 12 degrees and the streets were 2" of snow over ice. The tires had a little slip on take off occasionally but were excellent overall. Stability and traction were better than I could have imagined.

I bought a set of these for our Corolla last weekend, so far so good. Mine came with a 50,000 tread life warranty. I have had other sumitmo tires in the past and were pleased with them, these tires say made by sumitmo in small print. I know that they are not in the top tier of tires but for what I paid I think they were a good value.

I just replaced a set that had 5/32 left after 36k miles.If I was just entering spring i would have left them on for a while longer. But with winter fast approaching I wanted a little more tread for the snow and ice that is sure to come.
All in all they did just fine all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back