Asking for a friend, thinking to use "lightly used oil"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our family used to have a bad oil burner. We kept a gallon of Purelube SAE 30 in the back and checked the level every trip.

I wonder who made that Purelube? We got it at the local grocery store and it was super cheap.

he should use some straight 30 or 40 weight as a thickener.It slowed consumption on one of my old 2.5 chryslers.does not sound like it would hurt anything.

Yes I even gave my Stepkids oil and filter they couldn't be bothered. They all drive used and if the car is worth anything they waste it within 3 to 4 years due to lack of maintenance or they wreck it. One of them has wrecked 4 in ten years.
Well if they're planning on wrecking it, then it might actually be a money saver not to do any maintenance because it would be wrecked no matter if you did it or not. I think if I went to the dealer for all my maintenance, I probably would have spent thousands if not tens of thousand on maintenance instead of some DIY along with using indy mechanics.

The concept of a gross leaker/ consumer seems to be lost on people.....

It's not about the 20-25.00 cost of a sump of oil. It's the ongoing cost of continually feeding a beast from what is likely a very abridged income.

Or even being mid trip and having the oil pressure idiots light start blinking getting a jug of mystery oil from the trunk is way better than starving the engine.
and the oil he mentioned had supposedly only 1000 miles on it. People need to learn to read the original post....then comprehend!!!! The car this would go into is an OIL BURNER. Not really going to matter much anymore what they put in it. The car is toast in a year anyway. People act like he is feeding a new Silverado or something....

I am changing out the oil in my jetski....why? Honestly it looks perfect even if it is 4 years old. I wouldn't hesitiate to throw it in either of my old beaters IF they used oil and I was broke.

Well if they're planning on wrecking it, then it might actually be a money saver not to do any maintenance because it would be wrecked no matter if you did it or not. I think if I went to the dealer for all my maintenance, I probably would have spent thousands if not tens of thousand on maintenance instead of some DIY along with using indy mechanics.
Expensive cars not to maintain or wreck one a Mercedes and the other a BMW. I call that no brains. Except for David the one with a brain they will never see an offer for help or another car freebee coming from here. They just can't understand how I have such phenomenal luck I have driven the Corolla for nearly 17 years this coming April.

Expensive cars not to maintain or wreck one a Mercedes and the other a BMW. I call that no brains. Except for David the one with a brain they will never see an offer for help or another car freebee coming from here. They just can't understand how I have such phenomenal luck I have driven the Corolla for nearly 17 years this coming April.
Oh yeah, the last couple times I went to the Mercedes dealer, I got a quote for about 4k worth of work on one car and another 6k on the other. Most of it was minor like tires/brakes which I can do much cheaper and some of it was questionable like some surface rust on a power steering line, they wanted to replace the entire line. Still working fine 5 years later.

Why the dilemma? If the engine/vehicle has no meaningful value in any regard, then veggie oil should be an option.

If this business model takes off I know the location of 50 jugs of used "car service" oil.

I'd use that up in a season running a barn heater on sand dune trip.
Its either that or get truckloads of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back