Asking for a friend, thinking to use "lightly used oil"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy that makes bank selling used tires. Slightly used oil changes are just the next step. What happens to all that slightly used vegetable oil used to fry turkeys?

I know a guy that makes bank selling used tires. Slightly used oil changes are just the next step. What happens to all that slightly used vegetable oil used to fry turkeys?
They sold them in China. Some took the dumped cooking oil from restaurants and blend with new oil and sell as knock off new oil to restaurants. This was a huge issue on the news for a few years.

Calls his son a monkey yet thinks of buying used oil. You should reconsider that friendship for real
I have called my son "monkey" many times. He is super agile and athletic. He was scaling the 30 ft. high rock climbing walls when he was 6 or 7 years old. There ain't nothing he can't probably climb.

I don't trust someone so financially desperate that they are selling used oil.
Most consider once used oil as a " waste product" that depends a lot on where you grew up.

I've sold used oil and I'm rich.

Lots of customers for used oil in farm areas. (trusted) Lightly used brings a premium for small engine use.

A dollar a gallon is cheaper than anything else you can dump in the salamander and cut with a few gallons of diesel will keep a barn full of animals warm for a night. some people call barn heaters "smudge pots"

Well go out to the desert and stay for a full week in the dunes, well stay up till 12-2 every night sitting around fires/ heater.

The place I used to work (not the dealership) we got some really dark oil once and I mean it was dark like a night sky and we think it was used lol they didn’t care and put it in cars anyway so I got angry and walked out the door I was not having that.

About the used Synthetic: Someone probably took the cap off in the aisle and punctured it (the seal under their cap) with their thumb. Things like this happen.

In homeless shelters, some of the homeless steal soap from the dispenser into their personal belongings.

The last time I bought a jug of.. I think it was MaxLife oil.. it had some very crazy plastic cap that was very hard to open and no way you'd be able to re-seal it.

Most consider once used oil as a " waste product" that depends a lot on where you grew up.

I've sold used oil and I'm rich.

Lots of customers for used oil in farm areas. (trusted) Lightly used brings a premium for small engine use.

A dollar a gallon is cheaper than anything else you can dump in the salamander and cut with a few gallons of diesel will keep a barn full of animals warm for a night. some people call barn heaters "smudge pots"

Well go out to the desert and stay for a full week in the dunes, well stay up till 12-2 every night sitting around fires/ heater.
That's bunker fuel, it is fine. Your customers know you have assets to sue for if things go south. You know what you are doing.

If someone selling "lightly used" oil off craigslist or off the side of the street in a slum, run.

You know I've seen these post before. How have I been so lucky been buying oil from Wally World since before 1992 I've never got one Jug that been tampered with? I guess I'd better buy another Lotto ticket!
I have never seen one of these in many years of buying for several vehicles at once … on the other hand the majority had a “snap cap” over a foil seal … 🦭

I was thinking about the used Motorcraft oil filters for 50 cents. Ha! What a deal and what could you do with them.

1- Shoot them out of a potato cannon
2- Give it as a white elephant gift for Christmas
3- A great paper weight
4- When the Mrs. serves up a meal that you don't like you could put it on your plate and say "I think I would rather eat this" But then you would probably have to.
5- Send them to one of our famous filters cutters and have him post them for our enjoyment
6 -Send them to Molakule and have him determine exactly what brand and weight of motor oil was run through them.

The guy (my friend) bought his son (17) a used Mercury Marquis 2004 (I call it the granny version) 4.6L V8 with 225k on the odo. Thing leaks and burns oil like no tomorrow. He knows his son is a monkey (his own description on his son) and will never care about it properly. Plus my friend just want a form of transportation for his son during these virus times avoiding public transportation. He goes to school and drives like 20 to 30 miles daily. Weather is cold in Michigan where he lives.

He was thinking to use "used oil" in it. He mentioned that he saw a yard sale close to where he lives and one guy was selling what he described "lightly used oil, Mobil1, less than 1000 miles on it, clean, and engine never overheated on it". The jug was 5 quarts and comes at $1.5.
Same guy was also telling him he might sell him used oil filters too for 50 cents each, motorcraft.

He was contemplating buying the jug, either use it right away or may send a sample for analysis.

What do you think?
You really ARE asking for a friend

The guy (my friend) bought his son (17) a used Mercury Marquis 2004 (I call it the granny version) 4.6L V8 with 225k on the odo. Thing leaks and burns oil like no tomorrow. He knows his son is a monkey (his own description on his son) and will never care about it properly. Plus my friend just want a form of transportation for his son during these virus times avoiding public transportation. He goes to school and drives like 20 to 30 miles daily. Weather is cold in Michigan where he lives.

He was thinking to use "used oil" in it. He mentioned that he saw a yard sale close to where he lives and one guy was selling what he described "lightly used oil, Mobil1, less than 1000 miles on it, clean, and engine never overheated on it". The jug was 5 quarts and comes at $1.5.
Same guy was also telling him he might sell him used oil filters too for 50 cents each, motorcraft.

He was contemplating buying the jug, either use it right away or may send a sample for analysis.

What do you think?
NO, just buy the cheapest oil and filter and push it the longest it can go.... wait if it burns oil that bad it'll never need the drain plug pulled... just top off and change the filter... can't tell ya how long to run the filter cause at the rate you say its burning oil fresh oil will constantly be used to top off. Buy a good filter it may be the last one

Thanks for the replies.
So basically that's what I told him. But he already got the jug from that guy and dumped it into the Mercury. Said he hated wasting good oils, going green and that crap...
It also seems like the seller is not new to the business. He's been selling his used oils for few months now.
It seems engine liked it so far it was running rough before that
I want to sell my used up oil with a little sand, fuel and other contaminants in it.
Any buyers in Tampa Florida. I have about 12 5 quart jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back