As seen on eBay: The Dipsticker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty silly.

Is your car sponge-worthy?
grin.gif

I doubt it would work very well. What do you do once it is saturated? Wring it out? At least it looks like it goes in a plastic bag so it doesn't collect dirt while sitting under your hood all those miles. Idon't need it. If I can't find a tissue, there's always my socks--
lol.gif

Yeah, probably would get pretty filthy. Maybe they need to include a dipsticker carrying case, sell them as set and include a free set of steak knives.

quote:

Originally posted by JavaMan:
Maybe not so dumb. Beats carrying an oil rag around in your suit pocket.

If you can find a place to store a sponge under your hood, you can find a place to store a paper towel or a rag.

Kinda reminds me of the Universal Coat Hanger that was sold quite a few years back- a nail and a block of wood to pound the "hanger" in... But at least this particular item would work a lot better than the U.C.H.

Reminds me of the guaranteed insect killer. Two 6 inch blocks of 2x4 labeled A and B and an instruction sheet.

Instruction sheet sez:

Place insect on block A
Strike sharply with block B

quote:

Old socks work great.

Yes, ..but my wife pitches them before I can stash them. My wife also pitches all the saved napkins that I place over the visor (I don't need it ..I'm tall and have sunglass clipons in every vehicle) for just such use.

Even in the realm of vehicle maintenance, I have to "move over" (play pity inducing music)
frown.gif

That's it...first hole in a sock ..it gets tied around something in the engine bay. I guess if you place it right, it could have its own "wash/dry" cycle going on there.
wink.gif

i just stock up on napkins whenever i go to fast food place and always have some in my side pocket or glove box. free and disposable. maybe i can sell those on ebay - the McDipsticker

1) One man's folly is the next man's fortune.

2) No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the buying public.

Somewhere in Germany, a marketing person with Castrol is laughing all the way to the bank....

Either that ...or maybe if you used a "dip" as a pinata
grin.gif

Kinda along the lines of Gallagher's "stupid darts".

Those clever Brits have been selling one for a while now, looks much nicer than the cheap-o eBay version:

-

-

quote:

What a great idea. No more oily rags!

To wipe the dipstick, simply push it back and forth through the Dipstick Wiper. The foam core can be cleaned using soapy water.

Can be kept in your car, or attached in a convenient position using the sticky pad provided.

* Lightweight anodised aluminium
* Washable foam core
* Self-adhesive fixing pad & instructions inside
* Universal
* Open/Close (so no oily drips)
* Available in silver, blue or red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back