Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the posting chemists!

chevrofreak
Craig in Canada
jhenle
MolaKule
Tom NJ

You helped make the MSDS information more accessible.

Manufacturers add various MSDS components for performance, cost control, and product differentiation. I agree with Craig in Canada that simple motor oil is not always what it appears to be. I suppose any ARX user is not really in the clear unless he examines the MSDS and the "CAS" numbers first. Because of changing oil specs and the movement of motor oil through retailers' inventories, I can see why the folks at ARX may be reluctant to spend a lot of time with this.

I appreciate your help. All of the posts in this thread will help ARX users better choose oils on their own. I suppose that, in the long run, the ARX clean and rinse phase may have to be adjusted to conform to the new universe of conventional oil.

I am humbled by the knowledge and experience that went through this entire thread.

Thank you all!

The MSDS says it all! I understand that it is a legal document and the fact the shippers can deal with MSDS labels with all of their regulations and liabilities should be reassuring.

I don't think it was. DMSO was associated with some additives/components common to MSDS notations.

Sorry. I guess I was a bit jumpy.

I have had some experience with DMSO with respect to breaking binders in some water based inks and coatings. I also understand that it once used as a carrier for medications into things like artheritic knee joints and the likes. A bit off topic, but Dimethyl Sulfoxide by itself is not necesarily a harmful human component, but does have the ability to bring associated toxins with it into the body.

Kind of like used motor oil. Always take protective measures to minimize skin contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back