"Artisan" products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely, if ever, heard the word "artisan" much until the last few years.

It seems that everyplace I go, "artisan" products are being offered. It has got to be one of the overused words in recent times. Artisan coffee, artisan bread, artisan shaving cream, artisan candles, artisan beer, artisan cheese, artisan soap, artisan this and artisan that. Is "artisan" motor oil next?

I seriously doubt that most of the products labeled "artisan" are truly "artisan", but a marketing ploy to extract a higher price.

Sorry, but that was my rant for the day.

"hand-made", "free-range", "home-grown", "Euro-tech",etc.

Include "nano"/"nanoparticle"/"nano technologies", these are the popular buzzwords lately.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Joe1

I rarely, if ever, heard the word "artisan" much until the last few years.

It seems that everyplace I go, "artisan" products are being offered. It has got to be one of the overused words in recent times. Artisan coffee, artisan bread, artisan shaving cream, artisan candles, artisan beer, artisan cheese, artisan soap, artisan this and artisan that. Is "artisan" motor oil next?

I seriously doubt that most of the products labeled "artisan" are truly "artisan", but a marketing ploy to extract a higher price.

Sorry, but that was my rant for the day.
Artisan oil filters, maybe?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I've noticed it as well. I just consider it another snake oil buzzword like "rejuvenates, nano anything, organic, or implicitly"
Or, "campus advocate".

so are the cars the "GasMonkey's" and their ilk turn out "Artisan Hotrods"

ok, the above was meant as a joke,

but,

turns out that an hour from me there is a place called
"Artisans Rods & Classics"
http://artisansrci.com/

Last edited:
I want some Artisan hand made free range motor oil.....
smile.gif

It's marketing.

The very fact that you notice it speaks volumes about how well marketing works. The word itself isn't new-an artisan is someone who builds things by hand, or food/drink items that are made in a non-mechanized way.

If you need to rant over something, I would urge you to find something more important than a simple, common noun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back