Article: Most Americans make less than $20/hr

Status
Not open for further replies.
america we dumb!
we cant do algebra at age 15.

what do u except when edu system fails kids from 1st grade.

and majority of the college graduates do art, liberal arts and what not which means nothing.
liberal arts means you have better chance of working at startbucks thats it.

I have never had a job that paid me less than 12 an hr. even at age 16.

Last edited:
The middle class is shrinking, as corporate ceos jack up their salaries while cutting employee benefits, pay, and retirement.

I bet it is less than 15$/hr.

The vast majority of the "middle class" will be gone in thirty years.

It has little to do with skill set today, it is the
scurge of Globalism that is to blame.

If you allow your country to compete with countries of people that are essentially serfs and wage slaves (China) you too will
end up the same.

America is going backwards, and will probably be a developing country in the next three decades or so. I would say the US will look almost exactly like Brasil, and that is NOTHING to brag about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
america we dumb!
we cant do algebra
at age 15.

and majority of the college graduates do art, liberal arts and what not which means nothing.

Is this a pathetic joke? I hope so!

Originally Posted By: Kuato
The middle class is shrinking, as corporate ceos jack up their salaries while cutting employee benefits, pay, and retirement.

No the middle class is shrinking because more people than ever are on food stamps. The stock market is up but the economy is not really anything but stagnant. The plan to get more people dependant on others was on schedule until this month.

If you make 11 million illegals citizens then they will qualify for welfare, furthering the cause of wrecking the economy.

Last edited:
I agree that your middle class is quickly disappearing. This is happening in Canada too, but the difference is our pyramid of classes is broader based than south of the border, and also not such a tall pyramid as yours
crazy.gif

Invest in your education of young or prepare for your next revolution when the future polarization of classes lights the wick.

my accountant has been saying this for years.. Most peoplr in college today will come out earning nothing. It is not like when i was in school things were different in the 80's

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
america we dumb!
we cant do algebra
at age 15.

Is this a pathetic joke? I hope so!

Gahhh! I don't know which is worse- the irony of the post, as pointed out or that I didn't pick up on the grammatical mistakes until you pointed them out... I usually pick those kinds of things up.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I bet it is less than 15$/hr.

It has little to do with skill set today, it is the
scurge of Globalism that is to blame.

If you allow your country to compete with countries of people that are essentially serfs and wage slaves (China) you too will
end up the same.

I pretty much agree with these statements.

Sure there are good paying jobs out there- no doubt Pop_Rivet will be along to inform us that if we had only lived a life of hard work, clean eating and went to college to study hard, we too would never make less than a lowly $20.00/hr. There is truth to that statement, but no too long ago it wasn't too hard for high school graduates to work a skilled/non skilled labor position and with some smart spending, live a good life. Those jobs are getting fewer and farther in between.

The number of jobs where workers have some sort of organization (professional organization, etc.) to lobby for their interests have shrunk dramatically over the past 40 years. Coincidentally, the companies who are involved in their own corporate organizations have kept more of their revenue for the top brass, er, their corporate coffers. Funny how that works.

If you would like to see our college educational system at it finest then you need to watch this video. I admit it was unfair to these college students to ask such difficult questions but after all they are in college.

The first question was who won the Civil War? One student got it correct, only one. Next was, who is the Vice President? Stumped them all. One got the answer after being helped, that is given the answer. Another tough question they could not answer, who did we gain our independence from. One question they all nailed, what show is Snookie on, Jersey Shore. And, they all knew who Brad Pitt married. Everyone got that correct. So you can see that students are focused on those critical issues that are shaping America.

Watch this.

It works like this. A student that can't swim jumps into a swimming pool. This is the K-12 education in action. Then you throw the student an anchor. That's a student loan. Then you wait for the results. It's a system designed by politicians that really know better how we should behave and we should be grateful that they are willing to interrupt their busy lives to endow upon us some of their vast knowledge. What could we possibly do without them?

American's don't have an income problem. They have a spending problem.

This keeping up with the Jones' stuff is the real issue. Having every new I-gadget is the issue. Spending plastic money they don't have is the issue. Having a McMansion sized house on a 30 year note is the issue. Having two new cars on 84 month loans in the garage is the issue. Having an entire litter of kids while making $8 per hour is the issue.

If people would live within or below their means there wouldn't be an issue.

You only make $12 per hour? Sorry, you don't get a Ferrari, McMansion or a trophy wife. That is life, like ****s and then you die. Enjoy what you have and move on.

Originally Posted By: 04SE

This keeping up with the Jones' stuff is the real issue. Having every new I-gadget is the issue. Spending plastic money they don't have is the issue. Having a McMansion sized house on a 30 year note is the issue. Having two new cars on 84 month loans in the garage is the issue. Having an entire litter of kids while making $8 per hour is the issue.

You only make $12 per hour? Sorry, you don't get a Ferrari, McMansion or a trophy wife. That is life, like ****s and then you die. Enjoy what you have and move on.

I'd say we have BOTH.

Inflation has killed the value of a dollar.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
my accountant has been saying this for years.. Most peoplle in college today will come out earning nothing. It is not like when i was in school things were different in the 80's

Most college grads need to take any job they are offered, but quietly seek a better paying job in the mean time.

I know a young lady offered $17 an hour and she turned the job down. I told her take the job and be on the down low looking for a better paying job..... she is still out of work and looking.

A lot of people will be getting salary raises in the next few years because the people of their state voted in mandatory minimum-wage pay hikes during this last election. I don't know if it's something to be happy about or if it's something that pathetic.

Originally Posted By: 04SE

Yep....you have stated a fact.

There are many reasons for the problems that have been mentioned and others, but it is not a situation that can be described in one paragraph, and many people aren't even capable of understanding some of the nuances. Globalization, Greed by some, Lack of effort by others, education issues, etc etc.
We still have the best situation overall in the world i believe, and as other countries catch up to us we shouldn't be feeling bad about ourselves, but of course first must identify the issues i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back