Art and ugly are separated by a fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Mercedes-Benz builds some incredibly beautiful cars with stunning interiors and gobs of power. They’re the kinds of cars people aspire to own one day. Although they may start out beautiful, what people do to them after they bring one home is another story. This RENNtech Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe is the perfect example.

It starts off with a black and white finish that is likely to give you a headache if you stare at it for too long.

Quote:
But they weren’t just content with making it look like a zebra on wheels, oh no, so they added a little color. Actually, they added a lot of color with neon green wheels in the rear. There was indecision about the front wheels, so one is neon pink and the other neon orange. They even added a matching neon stripe here and there amid the black and white.

Original S63 AMG Coupe

2015-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-4matic-coupe-front-three-quarter.jpg

RENNtech S63 AMG Coupe

Ugly-Mercedes-2.jpg

http://news.boldride.com/2016/05/worlds-ugliest-mercedes-benz/105397/

Last edited:
That Renntech thing can give epileptic fits just from looking at it, just as well as riding in it.

But the base car itself is very nice. I wouldn't mind seeing a ducktail spoiler on the rear deck, just to give it a hint of forward rake.

Last edited:
The journalist may be mistaken. This is the scheme they use to camouflage new models, like today's 2018 models. I see them on the road around here often enough.

Though I can't understand why all the nicely staged photos and neon colors, if they're camouflaged models.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
The journalist may be mistaken. This is the scheme they use to camouflage new models, like today's 2018 models. I see them on the road around here often enough.

Though I can't understand why all the nicely staged photos and neon colors, if they're camouflaged models.

It's the same car, that why I included the original so it can be compared. The Renntech paint scheme makes the car standout.

people are overlooking the key paragraph in that article:{the underline is Mine)
"The car participated in this year’s GoldRush Rally, which was the eighth running of the event. It features a whole lot of supercars with crazy wraps and questionable finishes, and this Mercedes was a part of the show. It starts off with a black and white finish that is likely to give you a headache if you stare at it for too long."

Just do a quick google search for GoldRush Rally, it seems like an over the top Douchey wrap on your supercar is a requirement...

google image search

Yes and the wheels are probably Plastidip or some removable coating. The wraps and coatings do protect the underlying paint. Which is another reason they do it.

RENNtech makes some thumping hardware for the M-B/AMG stalwarts. Witness their performance benchmarks on DragTimes.

I'll just stick with the sexy pink Mary Kay wrap on ours.

So we can then guess/speculate that the wheels were also 'Plasti-dipped' in those ricer-fantastic colors???
lol.gif

(Sorry SatinSilver, I did not see your post before this post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back