Army Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to your son. At the rate the Army conducts its administrative work he may not have officially started with his basic training yet. I am sure he will give you a ring at his first opportunity.

In 67 when l went through Army basic at Ft.Bragg N.C. the first week was called 0 week and didnt count in the time frame of basic. All the paper work, issue of clothes etc is done durning 0 week. We were thinking this was going to be easy then got to meet the drill sargents and needless to say it all changed!
DD

Generally, new recruits are allowed to contact home within the first week....be it a letter (old days) or a phone call.

I think they allow this to prevent over protective parents from worry.

Kind of surprised you haven't heard from him yet. If you haven't heard from him by the 2nd or 3rd week, he's probably just allowing himself some time to adjust before contacting home.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. It truly means a lot
smile.gif

I figured they might keep him from calling or writing for at least a week or two to help cut Mama's apron strings, (and Papa's too).

I'm quite sure they are keeping him busy and he's discovering a whole new way of life that is very exciting and rewarding, (and maybe a little overwhelming at times).

When I first left home I was 18 years old and figured I was pretty much a man. The last thing I wanted to do was call Mama as of course, I was all grown up. I guess some things never change
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back