Arizona woman finds note in purse at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The Walton family needs to take action...

and do what? Build their own prison?

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I seem to recall the same headline about a year ago or more.
Probably just a WalMart hater attempting a hoax.

or a WalMart employee!

Originally Posted By: Win
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The Walton family needs to take action...

For what? The note may be about tough times in ying yang prison, but that doesn't mean the purse was made there.

Bet they don't get a lot of repeat offenders.

Most of the inmates in Texas prisons are there for singing too loud in church.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Go to prison here and you get a free gym membership and all the cable tv you can watch.
I think our Country would be better off if our prisoners were making purses 14 hrs a day.

Just took a prison tour today. My Son is a guard. The place in the prison that you see in the movies called "The Hole" i.e. solitary confinement-no light, no creature comforts (blankets/mattresses) have been proven not to work. (Consequently-those cells are now closed down and used for general storage). You put someone in those conditions and they just get even more mad, "more primal". Then they are a danger to the guards,themselves and other prisoners.

That's not to say the really "bad guys" have many privileges-because they don't.

Statistically-80plus% of prisoners will serve their time and be back on the street. So the primary mission is rehabilitation. They will be back in most of the communities which we live.

Yes-there will be repeat offenders-but this is what the prison system now attempts to minimize. Though job training, mental health treatment and other things.

Making purses for 14 hours a day is not a rehabilitation path.

Thank you for posting a first hand, real life observation of our prison system. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with these honest views.

Go to prison here and you get a free gym membership and all the cable tv you can watch.
I think our Country would be better off if our prisoners were making purses 14 hrs a day.

+1.

Not to be out done by brothers across the sea, I too found a note with my lic plate from DMV, it was from bubba in Riker's Island.
Bubba requested some gift bags of cosmetics.

Originally Posted By: Throt

People go to prison for a reason. They don't deserve cushy lives.

Not Always.

You can be sent to prison in China for hosting a Christian church service in your home.

I personally don't think that's a good reason to send someone to prison.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Sounds like appropriate treatment for a prison regime. What's the problem?

Now consider what gets someone IN prison...

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: CKN

Just took a prison tour today. My Son is a guard. The place in the prison that you see in the movies called "The Hole" i.e. solitary confinement-no light, no creature comforts (blankets/mattresses) have been proven not to work. (Consequently-those cells are now closed down and used for general storage). You put someone in those conditions and they just get even more mad, "more primal". Then they are a danger to the guards,themselves and other prisoners.

That's not to say the really "bad guys" have many privileges-because they don't.

Statistically-80plus% of prisoners will serve their time and be back on the street. So the primary mission is rehabilitation. They will be back in most of the communities which we live.

Yes-there will be repeat offenders-but this is what the prison system now attempts to minimize. Though job training, mental health treatment and other things.

Making purses for 14 hours a day is not a rehabilitation path.

Thank you for posting a first hand, real life observation of our prison system. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with these honest views.

They were a danger to the guards (here in Texas, we call them Correctional Officers, a guard is someone standing at the gate to the local power plant), themselves and other prisoners BEFORE they were sent to solitary. They cannot behave outside prison or inside prison. That is just the way it is.
Spend 23 years working inside a prison, and then post a "first hand, real life observation" of our prison system. Some people are absolutely mean, just plain mad-dog mean.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
At least we now know that Chinese inmates have better English writing skills than most US high school graduates.

Or those Canadian schools too eh? Note was written in Chinese LOL.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
At least we now know that Chinese inmates have better English writing skills than most US high school graduates.

Or those Canadian schools too eh? Note was written in Chinese LOL.

I don't know what your talking aboot.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Anyone who thinks China "has the right idea" really needs to do more research.

Yes like Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back