Arizona woman finds note in purse at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
A woman buys a purse at Walmart, and inside is a note begging for help from the person that made the purse! Apparently they use prison labor to manufacture items there?

Quote:
"Inmates in the Yingshan Prison in Guangxi, China are working 14 hours daily with no break/rest at noon, continue working overtime until 12 midnight, and whoever doesn't finish his work will be beaten. Their meals are without oil and salt. Every month, the boss pays the inmate 2000 yuan, any additional dishes will be finished by the police. If the inmates are sick and need medicine, the cost will be deducted from the salary. Prison in China is unlike prison in America, horse cow goat pig dog (literally, means inhumane treatment)."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/01/ari...at-walmart.html

Sounds like appropriate treatment for a prison regime. What's the problem?

Several years ago, there was a major story about a school in China where the students had to work half the day making fireworks that were sold to pay for their 1/2 day of actual education.
You guessed it, there was an explosion and many, many kids were killed.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
At least we now know that Chinese inmates have better English writing skills than most US high school graduates.

Well, the note wasn't written in English? So maybe not.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The Walton family needs to take action...

For what? The note may be about tough times in ying yang prison, but that doesn't mean the purse was made there.

Bet they don't get a lot of repeat offenders.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The Walton family needs to take action...

Yes the prison warden will be advised to search all purses before shipping them for contraband notes.

This makes me think of those against capital punishment.

People go to prison for a reason. They don't deserve cushy lives.

Let them work and better yet, let them be put to death when a jury of our peers deems it fit.

Personally, I think we should bring back public town square hangings and firing squads. All this nonsense in this country would come to an end real quick.

IMO.

I'm all for hard work and minimalist conditions in prison.

But I don't care to spend money on stuff made like that.

Yet I'd expect nothing less from Walmart.

Go to prison here and you get a free gym membership and all the cable tv you can watch.
I think our Country would be better off if our prisoners were making purses 14 hrs a day.

I have read that you can go to prison for a myriad of reasons in China- not all of which are punishable offenses here- so I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the [censored] 'em and let them rot bandwagon.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Go to prison here and you get a free gym membership and all the cable tv you can watch.
I think our Country would be better off if our prisoners were making purses 14 hrs a day.

Just took a prison tour today. My Son is a guard. The place in the prison that you see in the movies called "The Hole" i.e. solitary confinement-no light, no creature comforts (blankets/mattresses) have been proven not to work. (Consequently-those cells are now closed down and used for general storage). You put someone in those conditions and they just get even more mad, "more primal". Then they are a danger to the guards,themselves and other prisoners.

That's not to say the really "bad guys" have many privileges-because they don't.

Statistically-80plus% of prisoners will serve their time and be back on the street. So the primary mission is rehabilitation. They will be back in most of the communities which we live.

Yes-there will be repeat offenders-but this is what the prison system now attempts to minimize. Though job training, mental health treatment and other things.

Making purses for 14 hours a day is not a rehabilitation path.

Last edited:
I've seen that note in a purse a few times before over the years!

I call it false!

Last edited:
I seem to recall the same headline about a year ago or more.
Probably just a WalMart hater attempting a hoax.

Now we know that all US high school graduates have better English writing skills than Canadian citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back