Ariens Snow Blower Model 921013 What Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to change the oil on my 1 year old Ariens snow blower Briggs And Stratton... What oil and weight would be the best for this engine? Also can i adjust the height of the handlebars so my wife can use it? It's a little to big for her.
It's an 11 H.P.
Manual says 5w30-10w30 or strait 30

Last edited:
What does the manual require for weight? Mine says 0w-30 synthetic or 5w-30 conventional. If yours is the same, I'd use GC. I happen to have Rotella T6 in mine only because I don't want to buy extra oils for everything.

Rotella T5 10w30. Can be had by the gallon at Walmart for ~$13 on sale. I use it in all my small engines.

I dont know about the bars but ive been running defy in my machines and seems to be a great choice. Use the weight that your manual says.

I have a Snapper with a B&S 9.0 torque engine that calls for 5W-30 synthetic. Since I bought it last year, it hasn't been used "in anger" thus far; so the factory fill is staying around for another year. I'll replace it with some Castol 0W-30 I got on sale at PB for $6/qt. during an oil changes special last month.

The Ariens Company would like to recommend 5W-30 to be used in all of their Sno-Thros.

5W or 10W can differ on our Lawn and Garden prodcuts dependent on the temperature when the unit is being uses, but again for snow, please use 5W-30.

If you ever have additional questions, please contact Ariens Tech Support at 920.756.4688.

I bought a new Ariens last year , I use synpower 10w30 in SL formula runs and starts effortlessly in the bitter cold.

Originally Posted By: ATS
The Ariens Company would like to recommend 5W-30 to be used in all of their Sno-Thros.

5W or 10W can differ on our Lawn and Garden prodcuts dependent on the temperature when the unit is being uses, but again for snow, please use 5W-30.

If you ever have additional questions, please contact Ariens Tech Support at 920.756.4688.

did they mention 5-30 conventional or syn?

my 1992 Ariens gets Valvo Synpower 5-30. Doesn't get used much, I like the Toro paddle blower much more-a lot easier to use.

BTW-anyone have any tips on how to lessen the spring tension on the handle to engage the impeller and the handle you have to hold down to engage the trans? Cant find any springs to lighten

Use somthing light weight and monitor its level regualrly.

0w20, 0w30, 5w20, or 5w30.

All will work well. Keep engine speed at least 50% or more to allow good lubrication. Do not idle it.

If available an enclosed storage for machine even unheated is better then under tarp. I store mine year around at or above 63 degrees. I prime three times, pull slow once w/switch off to prime, switch on running first pull. Everytime. My standby gen has a briggs oil drain heater.

KC

Originally Posted By: JR
Briggs eight horse ohv powering 29" snowblower. Used mc 5w20 first ten hours, m1 0w20 since without a drop of burn off over six seasons. I average alittle over 75hrs a season.
Kc

20 weight in a small engine!?! If it's not burning a drop you may be on to something
grin.gif

My John deere tractors I use 0w40 synthetic. Start up esay without the compression problem in the cold. John Deere has good oil if you can find it or Mobil One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back