Are you prepared??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

Over the past year and a half I have offered information sessions within my community on how to better prepare yourself at home and work for natural [to include weather related] and man-made disasters through the Community College Citizen Preparedness Program (3CP2). The information I present in my in-person sessions are from a FEMA sponsored training session that I attended during the summer of 2011. Though the sessions were sparsely attended, low attendance at similar sessions has also been the case nationally.

As we watch the weather forecast about Hurricane Sandy's track, I would like to share with you that the information I present is now available online. The online session runs approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours, and once the online session starts there are no options to stop and continue it at a later time.

The online program requires each person to register themselves and to identify who their contact person is. Please give Gateway CC credit for your participation. Neither GCC or I receive any compensation for offering either the in-person or online sessions, however the attendance is being tracked for statistical purposes that GCC can be used for future related initiatives.

The website for the online session is: http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/hsmi/3cp2form/

Be aware that there may be an increase in the number of people accessing the online training due to Hurricane Sandy and this may cause the program to run slowly.

Please feel free to share this with your family, friends, and friends you have on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Thank you in advance for your participation and have a safe weekend.

Regards,

ProfPS

I'm as prepared as I'm going to be. My cheap plastic kayak is on the living room floor tied to the coffee table. I've got dry socks, water shoes, and the dog's harness in it. That should be good enough.

I have my back up generator, food and a house that is built rock solid
Im armed just in case of a criminal attack and have enough gasoline to run my 4 cylinder generator for a little over a week..
But thank you for asking..

On another note:
If you don't like noise, don't move near an airport.
If you don't like floods, don't move by a river.
If you don't like ocean storms, don't live by the oceanfront.

May I add:
If you don't like earthquakes, don't move to California.
If you don't like hot weather, don't move to Nevada or Arizona.

I've got ample water, propane for the grill, white gas for the camping stove, lots of canned/dried food, a can opener, a LED lantern with lots of batteries, warm and waterproof clothing, and both cars will be fueled up shortly. I'm fairly prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back