Are You A Robot checks on bitog now?

wemay

Site Donor 2023
It's happened five times this evening...

Screenshot_20210924-222418_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just started for me too… after I moved to iOS 14.8 on my iPad.

I hate those things. I can’t use Craigslist because of them.

This begs the question. Am I a programmed robot? I've always wondered if robots log into sites and post...haha!

I dont mind them.. as long as its not every post or click. Spammers on some forums take over and are terrible.

I wouldnt mind once a twice a day if that helped/saved admin & mods time.

I don't know why, but I'm a magnet for these. I spend more time doing captchas than doing the task I need to do. I will definitely avoid this site if it plagues me like NAPA's website does. They're the worst IMO.

Who thought it was a great idea for the human to prove to the robot they're human instead of the way it should be: the robot trying to prove to the human they aren't a robot.

Not sure how this was typed into this topic last night and ended up in a completely different subforum, but I guess I've seen stranger things.

I have been getting tons of "Oops. We ran into some problems..." messages excessively the past few days. It's almost like it logs me out without notice even if I checked the "Keep me logged in" box. It's been happening every 5 minutes or so, sometimes 30 seconds after logging in. The only way to fix it is to completely close the browser and re-open and log back in. Until the next 5 minute window is over...and repeat.

Edit: I first thought it was a recent Chrome update, but I uninstalled the update and reverted to about a year old version. Same issues. Doubt it's my browser.

That said, I haven't seen a single captcha here. Just tons of recent "Oops" errors.

Last edited:
It hasn’t popped up for me on iPhone using Safari browser. But that’s ok if it keeps the spammers out. We had an outbreak of them on my other forum as well going in there posting stuff in foreign language and foreign links. We have a speech sensor over there that automatically removes stuff like that now. Hope it doesn’t get that bad here.

Back