Are they talking about same tire? Tirerack reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MC5W20

I bought a set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A 's based on my research at the Tire Rack. All I can say is that is a good tire.

Same here. But my T/As became very noisy at 18000 and are unbearable at 27000 with ~50% thread left.
Now, I only read reviews with at least 15-20000 miles and filter to the same car size as different size could be a different tire altogether.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: MC5W20

I bought a set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A 's based on my research at the Tire Rack. All I can say is that is a good tire.

Same here. But my T/As became very noisy at 18000 and are unbearable at 27000 with ~50% thread left.
Now, I only read reviews with at least 15-20000 miles and filter to the same car size as different size could be a different tire altogether.

Well there's your problem, you are driving on thread, not tread.

It has been my experience that as the tread wears down the tires start to make noise. Some are noiser then others but it happens to all of them.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

Well there's your problem, you are driving on thread, not tread.

Thanks, I will try driving on tread from now on and see if the noise goes away!

BTW, the noise is unbearable on some surfaces. Even Toyota dealership was duped into replacing wheel bearing under warranty when they heard the noise. I read a lot about tire wear and noise and understand that abnormal tire wear can create excessive noise. Indeed I had chop wear at some point despite regular rotating and good alignment. I guess the tires din't agree with the car or my driving.

When sorting through tire rack reviews,you really need to give the most weight to reviews for your specific vehicle. The exact same tire can behave differently between different vehicles, even if those vehicles are of the same general weight and class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back