Are there any considerate people left?

I've seen people that work in stores and restaurants not wash their hands after their business . Hep A has been on the rise thanks to that .

Courtesy and manners, especially among children, do seem to be on the decline. I was lucky, Grandpa was a retired Senior Chief Petty Officer and let's just say that manners, especially around the table, were taught and 'encouraged'. I am forever grateful for that.

Interesting, I always found France to be polite....but I was always there on business and can speak the language.
I've been to a few places in France. Normandy and Lille were very polite and very nice friendly people. Paris not so much. It was comical how rude some of the Parisians were. I mean, they really went out of their way to be rude to us. Which really shocked me as I went to Lille and Normandy first and the people were so helpful and nice.

Seems that common courtesy has been cancelled, in favor of 'how dare you question me!!! I'm entitled to do whatever I want, when I want, however I want and eeF you!!!"

My Sociopath neighbor's contemptible pigsty of a horribly maintained truck, was attended to by a Mobile detailer this last Saturday on what had been a surprisingly peaceful and pleasant morning upto that point. I had been reluctant to start my own projects running a belt sander and a jigsaw, as it was so abnormally quiet.

I understand these guys need to be self contained. Meaning generator, but I hope they would try to use grid power with permission, when possible, and have a quality extension cords with them, in order to do so.

This guy parks his vinyl wrapped Kia, so the hatch is facing my residence, across the narrow alley. Opens the hatch and fires up a 3.75KW contractors generator within.

So freaking loud, with the hatch acting like an amplifier, aimed right at me.

There's a 20 amp outlet, right there. Practically glowing, saying use meeeeeee.
a 15 foot extension cord would have been more than enough.

My Sociopath neighbor is home. Her eyes always glued to her phone, furiously texting away, or whatever oblivious self important sociopaths do when they stick their heads in their....phones. Walk to or from truck, phone in hand or in face. Never without phone. Never.

I send a text, 'please offer this guy an extension cord, so the whole neighborhood does not have to listen to this obnoxious horrible racket.'
No response.
Anger builds and builds.
20 minutes pass as the generator drones on and on, reverberating around the neighborhood with an infuriating obnoxiousness.

I look over, and the detailer has headphones on, and does not appear to be using any electricity, yet the generator drones on and on.

SNAP!

When I'm confronting the detailer, he said Sociopath ( whose running an Airb and B, with at least 2 different sets of guests at the time there at that time), said the generator was 'no problem'.

The sociopath comes out with one of the most disgusting, frayed, loose wire, ground plug missing 16 awg extension cords I have ever seen, shoving it in my face.
Her air b and b guests leave, whether from the generator racket or not, I know not.

I ignore her, and offered the guy a quality 12 gauge extension cord. I was planning on using it at the time, but could have used a lesser gauge one as I did not require it pass 1600 watts. He declined.

Later on, I realized I scared the Young detailer, with my size, and anger, and went over and apologized, where he then grew the balls to say 'he does not appreciate', bla bla bla.

I cut that line off, and asked how much wattage his 'steamer' required. He had no idea. started blathering about the capacity of the generator, as if I cant read.
I see the generator is not even tied down
I see his large and full water tank, Which I'll guess is no less than 60 gallons, is not even tied down. He has a couple of ratchet straps, binded and locked and useless laying nearby..
His rear suspension appears bottomed out, and he Admitted the car handles like do do with the tank full.

I say there is no way I am the first person to complain about the obnoxious contractors generator, and he says 'Honestly, yes', as his eyes dart down and to the left. Liar, liar.

I mentioned he would be wise to get an inverter generator as it would not only use less fuel, it shows professionalism and respect, where a contractors generator shouts and screams the exact opposite.
He disagreed.
I mentioned the lack of tie downs and he was like' yea, I am afraid to brake hard.' as if braking softly is always an option.

I mentioned airbags and helper springs might help the handling. He appeared to have no idea either potential partial solution even existed.

I wont even go into the response of the sociopath neighbor two days later, but I am glad that it is she, and not me, who has a criminal record for violence, and for lying to the cops, as her threat to call them on me, carries no weight.

If she, or he, had any courtesy, all would have been well, though of course he is a danger to anyone nearby on the road with the overloaded vehicle with unsecured load.

I think something about being intentionally obnoxious, discourteous and rude and annoying, floats more and more people's boats these days.
It amuses them, fills some void in their insecure and foul souls. NO doubt some are just oblivious that their actions are discourteous, but seems a higher and higher percentage show their self importance, by being a contemptible piece of rancid donkey dung.

It Makes the world a worse and worse place, and serves no purpose, unless inspiring hatred and animosity and every negative emotion possible in anyone nearby, is their goal.

I'm so sick of humans.
Bring on a real pathogen, and hopefully it targets those with the worst character attributes, instead of mostly just the fat and old.

One thing overlooked by most is the courtesy flush when using a restroom. Automatic toilets usually have a means to manually flush.

Younger people today have been taught all their lives how special they are. They never suffered consequences on anything they said or did. When someone dies stand up to them and gets in their face about something, they don't get it. How dare you. Plus they can be tough as they want on the internet.

All depends on what you're looking for. Yes their out there, I see them everyday. I'm doing my part and making sure my boys have some manners, the oldest is a bit of a airhead but he does more than most his age.

One thing overlooked by most is the courtesy flush when using a restroom. Automatic toilets usually have a means to manually flush.
They do . You just have to know where the button is . Not always obvious .

I say this often, common decency is GONE!!! We drive diesel vehicles and needless to say pumps are usually limited at most stations. OF course at every store you have the idiots parked at the only diesel pump, they go inside, shop, play lottery, etc and then come out and pump fuel meanwhile I'm waiting in line for 10 mins.

Had a lady setting at the pump yesterday (only diesel pump at my local Circle K) and I needed fuel. She was in the drivers seat and set there while her husband went in the store, grabbed drinks, stood in line and then paid for fuel and then came out and pumped it! He then proceeded to walk back into the store while she sat there!!! I was fuming! laid on the horn and threw my hands up at her only to finally see her start her gas truck and move to one of the many open parking spaces!

Younger people today have been taught all their lives how special they are. They never suffered consequences on anything they said or did. When someone dies stand up to them and gets in their face about something, they don't get it. How dare you. Plus they can be tough as they want on the internet.
Pretty sure this all started with the participation trophy, everybody's a winner, BS. All you have to do is show up, really! I remember the first time I heard of this I was at a friend's house and his kid was running around bragging he had a trophy, I asked how much did you win by or something similar, he said we didn't, we lost.

I say this often, common decency is GONE!!! We drive diesel vehicles and needless to say pumps are usually limited at most stations. OF course at every store you have the idiots parked at the only diesel pump, they go inside, shop, play lottery, etc and then come out and pump fuel meanwhile I'm waiting in line for 10 mins.

I actually yelled at a guy for this a few weeks ago.

We've had really bad flooding and landslides, so they shut one of the pipelines down for a few weeks. So they have asked us to limit fuel purchases to 30 litres for a few weeks. So anyway the wife and I were going out to dinner and I thought I would get 30L for her. It was a small station, only two rows of one way with pumps in the middle of the rows, so four cars can get gas at once. There were two cars waiting in line for each row.

The guy in our row fills up, his car still blocking the lady behind him who is done pumping, and two more cars. He could have pulled out and parked in a parking spot, but he didn't. He goes inside, gets some chips or something, is talking to the dude at the counter, I can actually seem them both looking outside at the line. He was in there for at least five minutes, after filling. He comes back out and starts talking to some other dude standing near the pump by his car. By this time I had it and yelled out the window "let's effing goooooo" like really loud :ROFLMAO: .I felt kinda bad but the guy was being a total idiot and I bet the other people waiting were happy.

I do think in general though, most people are good kind people.

Honestly, the biggest issue with society is the older people. They've gotten ruder and ruder and grumpier and grumpier. The true entitled crowd. They frown at the entire world for not wanting to stay like it was in the 50s and are unwilling to move forward with it.

Absolute Karen's.

Back