Are Oil Prices Rigged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The oil suppliers may tighten the noose, but we tied it around our throats long ago."

I like that quote.

I say get rid of hedge funds buying it and you have to put up all the money for it.

I like this one:

Prices in the futures market — and, indeed, any real-life market on a standardized good — do not form where actual supply meets actual demand; they form where perceived supply meets perceived demand. Participants in the futures market merely represent the world around them. A veil has been placed over the public's eyes, and they accept this illusion of a fair price

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I say get rid of hedge funds buying it and you have to put up all the money for it.

"get rid of"

Please define.

Don't allow it.

Old read. Speculation.
Now I know you work for the oil-cartel!
LOL.gif

"get rid of"

Please define.

Don't allow it.

LOL.gif
That will just mean a new mechanism will replace it. Economic fads will be created, fostered, and exploited. They need mechanisms to do this.

Pablo will probably have a hard time imagining a world without hedge funds since he's made money from them ..yet one existed at one time.

Now it's not that he can't lose, and he's surely willing to take the risk for the rewards, but the physics of the mechanism itself is assured, eventual, disaster.

"get rid of"

Please define.

Don't allow it.

Don't allow hedge funds at all? Hmmm....how about a slightly less onerous course of action, how about transparency of their holdings?

Contrary to the usual garbage Gary posts, I have never been involved in hedge funds. Oh, and I'm sure he'll make up, fantasize, hallucinate up some connection.
smirk2.gif

LOL.gif
Then Pablito will have no objection to their retirement from our wondrously wealth creating market scheme since they do him no good
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I see a fight comin'
27.gif

I want no fight with Gary, but when he just makes [censored] up and associates my name with it, well sorry, I'm calling his idiocy out. Enough people ignore his pompous rambling posts.....

Quote:
his pompous rambling posts.....

Pompous!?!?!?! (from The Last Samurai - the US ambassador)

This is an OUTRAGE!!!!

Rambling?

This is an ... well, never mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back