Are new design Supertech filters still Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older (black box with green band) supertech filters were made by Champion Labs. The new Supertech (in the blue box) look a bit different, are smaller and look to be of less robust design. Are these the "e-core filters, and are these still Champion made?

The AC Delco filters from Walmart look the same as the old style Supertech

Last edited:
All made by Champion. I think you will find that many of the newest AC's are ecores as well. I have used the ecores and they seem to do just fine, but feel terribly lightweight and light duty. I would rather use an ecore than the orange can, however.

All I know is the I use some of their smaller filters and they are not the Champion Labs E-Core filters like the larger ST ones.

The filters will work and meet specs, but these are not the high quality ST of old - cheaper filtering medium and less pleats, so less surface area. Much better to buy either MotoCraft, Purolator PureOne, Napa Gold, or Bosch. Filters are very important.

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
The filters will work and meet specs, but these are not the high quality ST of old - cheaper filtering medium and less pleats, so less surface area.

Baloney.

Originally Posted By: sw99
All I know is the I use some of their smaller filters and they are not the Champion Labs E-Core filters like the larger ST ones.

The Ecore filters are (or were) 3" or bigger. The <3" filters should be the blue button dome end bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back