Are my eyes decieving me, or has Mobil 1 dropped in price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Wallyworld adding to my shrine of GC, when I looked over and noticed that the Mobil 1, which used to be somewhere in the upper $7 range had dropped to being actually lower then the $6.66 price I pay for the GC, I think was around $6.50 or so. I believe it was Mobil 1 supersyn 5W30, is this stuff any good, or is it the Mobil 1 that many people say to stay away from. Anyways, I have enough GC for 4 oil changes now, so not in a hurry, but if this is the good stuff might be switching to Mobil 1 after that. (and no it won't take me very long to run thru 4 changes of oil)

quote:

Originally posted by Vivisector:
Was at Wallyworld adding to my shrine of GC, when I looked over and noticed that the Mobil 1, which used to be somewhere in the upper $7 range had dropped to being actually lower then the $6.66 price I pay for the GC, I think was around $6.50 or so. I believe it was Mobil 1 supersyn 5W30, is this stuff any good, or is it the Mobil 1 that many people say to stay away from. Anyways, I have enough GC for 4 oil changes now, so not in a hurry, but if this is the good stuff might be switching to Mobil 1 after that. (and no it won't take me very long to run thru 4 changes of oil)

Mobil 1 supersyn 5w30 "blue cap" is the stuff I've been using in two of my cars which have high performance DOHC V-8 engines. I've been getting excellent UOA results on both cars, and in the Lexus in particular (GS-430 with 300 HP DOHC V-8) it's lasting for 10,000 mile intervals. IMO, this oil is a great value as the price is cheap yet it's one of the top performers.

[ December 19, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: MRC01 ]

Yes it's good, and It's still the best bargain out there along with ASL/ATM Amsoil.

I saw Mobil 1 selling for $3.39 a quart at a SuperTarget. There was a sign saying it had a lower price and it didn't look like it was on sale so it may be the regular price now. I was surprised when I saw it, it is usually at least four and a half bucks everywhere else.

quote:

Originally posted by shawn j:
I saw Mobil 1 selling for $3.39 a quart at a SuperTarget. There was a sign saying it had a lower price and it didn't look like it was on sale so it may be the regular price now. I was surprised when I saw it, it is usually at least four and a half bucks everywhere else.

****...if I had a car to drive right now I'd have to go get some of that!
smile.gif

mobil 1 ia always cheap at target, problem is you sort of have to get what is left over...2quarts of 5w maybe 3 of 10w..you get the picture...they probably buy broken cases...good if you can scrape up enough for an oil change...
wink.gif

Last week when I was at Walmart, GC was $6.66 and Mobil 1 was $7.12 per liter.

I'll be going to Walmart tomorrow morning (grabbing a few more liters of GC for sure as usual) and I'll double check the prices again while I'm there.

A couple local oil jocks are telling me that the price of synthetics will be dropping and dino will be raising over the next couple of years. The synthetics will become group III and the dino will be group II/II+. Synthetic will be about 50% higher instead of the current 100-150%. It's all about making a buck. They are trying to get more people hooked on synthetic.

Again, this is just what I heard at my oil dealer.

I made my Saturday morning trip to Walmart today (before 9am to try to beat the rush, but it was still PACKED in there!) and the price of M1 here is still $7.12 per liter, GC is still $6.66 (picked up 4 more bottles, left 9 behind, plus they also still have about 5 of the old stuff which nobody is ever going to buy in a billion years)

I went to Sam's Club yesterday and saw M1 6-packs for $22.40. It used to be $23.33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back